I'm a JCL plastic fan...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Genuinely have always followed whatever local team where I live and TBF have had some good craic at the Amex already. The wifes expecting and I'll bring the boy when he gets old enough. Just got well hacked off with the Sky armchair guys moaning about people leaving. I didn't leave early but it just got blamed on the "JCL's." I'm sure a fair few "hardcore" left early aswell... I'll renew next year, then maybe I'll get to dish out the JCL shit!

Top man. A newish fan you maybe, but as you've already said you want to bring your nipper, that's another Albion fan. It's what we need to grow :thumbsup:
Congratulations on the little'un

Football

Oct 25, 2011
I think the reason some people get the hump with Platics JCL's is because alot of us have watched and stuck by our beloved club through thick and thin and aswell as seeing some good times we have seen alot of awful, frustrating,monyless shit but like true fans we still said proudly "I support Brighton" and now we are doing well and got the AMEX I think some get frustrated that you JCL's dont feel the same passion and devotion to the Albion as we do, dont get me wrong I welcome anyone and if it boosts the gates and makes revenue then great but still expect a bit of frustration at times, its a bit like being married to an ugly fat miserable bitch (no offence to anyone who is) who you stuck by looked out for and support as best you could even when no-ne else wanted her took this piss out of her and no other bloke would touch her but you stuck proud then one day she has a boob job a bit of surgery to change her face, had a bikini wax and toned her body up and now everyone wants to f*** her and she flirts infront of you

totally understand what your saying. I spose the counter argument would be to get to the next level you have to increase the base. How many Man U/ Barca/ Madrid/ Chelsea fans have supported them for eons?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid there is a clear hierarchy. That's just the way it is. At the top: fans who "were at Hereford". That trumps all else. After that it is a mix of fans who went to Gillingham every week (they do deserve some credit to be fair), fans who go to all the away games (but not the home ones- not hard core enough) and fans who can remember the 1970s. I went to the Withdean so am a third tier fan, then come the JCLs. You are ahead of the 1901 club and anyone who leaves early so it is not all bad.

We still want your money though. Please stick with it.

And in all seriousness- thank you and well done. When you have kids bring them as well. Don't let anyone put you off renewing next season- we need to sell out even when the novelty has passed.

And, in 20 years time, remember how you feel now.

Interesting, where do the 1901 ers who were at Hereford come in the hierarchy?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No problem whatsoever with JCL's, as has been said many times before, we absolutely NEED them to help fill that big blue thing by the road. As far as I'm concerned, you cease to become plastic as soon as you actually start TURNING UP for games, as opposed to watching them on the gogglebox.

Nice username by the way.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think some of the irratation with JCLs is the outgrageous expectations they can have of the team. We are little more than a lower-mid table Championship club. We can't compete with the big boys yet and we probably won't mount a play-off push. They seem to expect our players to take apart sides with consumate ease just be turning up as that's what they've been used to watching Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool in front of the armchairs for the past however many years. New fans are what is required and I couldn't care less where they come from as long as they have a sense of realism!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
where do JCB's sit in the hierarchy?

BTW nothing but admiration for the Gillingham posse and even those that went through the Withdean years except the self righteous ones that is!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Would you rather I went down the pub and spent my money watching the "big 4?" Can't stand the crap I'm hearing, I'm not from Brighton and frankly travelling to Sunderland week in week out just isn't an option (£££). So I buy a ST, watch the local team only to find nob ends at the ground and on the forums bitching like a bunch of inbreds about not being "proper" fans!! Get with it or alienate any future fans...
Welcome. Undoubtedly there are a few (and they've said as much on here) who don't actually like what the club has become and the way it's going. Some have said we've 'lost something' going to the Amex and others genuinely preferred it when we were a two-bob Noddy club playing in front of 5-6000 at shitty old Withdean. Those people are never going to welcome you and are best just ignored. Others may have taken their frustration at our recent run out on 'bloody JCLs' - although quite what peoples' history has got to do with the recent slump is anybody's guess. Put that down to frustration. Also there IS a group of uberfans who think that just because they've been to every game home and away since 1990 that makes them 'better' fans than everybody else. Don't worry about them, they don't like the rest of us either!

Just out of interest - who were you supporting when we played Sunderland in the League Cup?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would you rather I went down the pub and spent my money watching the "big 4?" Can't stand the crap I'm hearing, I'm not from Brighton and frankly travelling to Sunderland week in week out just isn't an option (£££). So I buy a ST, watch the local team only to find nob ends at the ground and on the forums bitching like a bunch of inbreds about not being "proper" fans!! Get with it or alienate any future fans...

Sadly I think you have mistaken the vocal opinions of a small minoity as the views of the majority of Albion fans. This has been covered many times on NSC - you're very welcome as far as me - and many others - are concerned.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think some of the irratation with JCLs is the outgrageous expectations they can have of the team.

Not sure that's limited to JCL's or indeed any of these groups - my view is that very few actually think this but wanting "our" team to do better isn't unreasonable .... but when views are aired I think too many then suggest that the expectation is unreasonable when in fact no expectation has been stated just a view on the outcome of a game or the performances of an individual or two - that's how I read it anyway, could well be wrong I s'pose

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not sure that's limited to JCL's or indeed any of these groups - my view is that very few actually think this but wanting "our" team to do better isn't unreasonable .... but when views are aired I think too many then suggest that the expectation is unreasonable when in fact no expectation has been stated just a view on the outcome of a game or the performances of an individual or two - that's how I read it anyway, could well be wrong I s'pose

and we've even got non Albion fans with a jaundiced view and who like to blow fairly reasonable comments out of proportion like this fella Andy Naylor Spot on who is just stirring ... he has no idea of the context of many of the comments made on this forum

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
yes im 4 real we need 2 fight agnst modern football ther killin it

I have to say that he has a point. Fighting against modern football is what it's all about surely.

I personally support old football with stuff like Jimmy Hill and Brian Moore on a Sunday and the 1970 World Cup.

We need to support old football more and show this new football that it's shorts need to be longer and the ball should knock you out if you head the thing from a clearance.

Also more mud on the pitches and players coming on the pitch pissed and smoking fags at half time. Fighting in the stands and throwing hats in the air, too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
yes im 4 real we need 2 fight agnst modern football ther killin it

yeh ure so rite who wnts stads ful if plasters wn we cld haf lotz haf emty chores insted of innit bruv coz kept it on bein real dont 2 flora aint real butter neva woz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports