Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm a JCL plastic fan...

Football

Oct 25, 2011
Would you rather I went down the pub and spent my money watching the "big 4?" Can't stand the crap I'm hearing, I'm not from Brighton and frankly travelling to Sunderland week in week out just isn't an option (£££). So I buy a ST, watch the local team only to find nob ends at the ground and on the forums bitching like a bunch of inbreds about not being "proper" fans!! Get with it or alienate any future fans...

MRWHU

Oct 25, 2011
People just want their team to win. I can understand how they think there's less chance their team will win if they have to play in front of a crowd that comes back from half time at 50 minutes and leaves on 80. It's demotivating.

Most people seem to be blaming the traffic and transport options getting out of the place. Energy would be better spend encouraging the club to come up with a better solution than they have done at the moment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Get used to it - there's an element that think if you didn't go to Gillingham or throughout at the Withdean then you know SFA and you'll never be a proper supporter ... thankfully they are a small minority, they make a lot of noise but most (I think) recognise that one of the ingredients in building a successful club is to build our fan base - keep the faith

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fair play to you, some of us accept that we will have new fans, but at the moment some are just taking out their frustration, and it seems easy to point the finger at the JCL's (hate that term) at the Amex! Stick with it and don't take it too personally. At the end of the day what people should realise is that without the likes of yourself we would have crowds of 10k :(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Get used to it - there's an element that think if you didn't go to Gillingham or throughout at the Withdean then you know SFA and you'll never be a proper supporter ... thankfully they are a small minority, they make a lot of noise but most (I think) recognise that one of the ingredients in building a successful club is to build our fan base - keep the faith

Yep, think I'll start calling all those that didn't go to the Goldstone between ummmm 1973 and 1979 (random dates) bad supporters! :wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would you rather I went down the pub and spent my money watching the "big 4?" Can't stand the crap I'm hearing, I'm not from Brighton and frankly travelling to Sunderland week in week out just isn't an option (£££). So I buy a ST, watch the local team only to find nob ends at the ground and on the forums bitching like a bunch of inbreds about not being "proper" fans!! Get with it or alienate any future fans...

Don't beat yourself up over it mate. Its only on here in the realm of the pillow-biter that anybody cares (or claims to care) about people being/not being 'proper' fans.

Good on you for turning out to watch your local team :thumbsup:

Football

Oct 25, 2011
Fair play to you, some of us accept that we will have new fans, but at the moment some are just taking out their frustration, and it seems easy to point the finger at the JCL's (hate that term) at the Amex! Stick with it and don't take it too personally. At the end of the day what people should realise is that without the likes of yourself we would have crowds of 10k :(

Genuinely have always followed whatever local team where I live and TBF have had some good craic at the Amex already. The wifes expecting and I'll bring the boy when he gets old enough. Just got well hacked off with the Sky armchair guys moaning about people leaving. I didn't leave early but it just got blamed on the "JCL's." I'm sure a fair few "hardcore" left early aswell... I'll renew next year, then maybe I'll get to dish out the JCL shit!

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I'm afraid there is a clear hierarchy. That's just the way it is. At the top: fans who "were at Hereford". That trumps all else. After that it is a mix of fans who went to Gillingham every week (they do deserve some credit to be fair), fans who go to all the away games (but not the home ones- not hard core enough) and fans who can remember the 1970s. I went to the Withdean so am a third tier fan, then come the JCLs. You are ahead of the 1901 club and anyone who leaves early so it is not all bad.

We still want your money though. Please stick with it.

And in all seriousness- thank you and well done. When you have kids bring them as well. Don't let anyone put you off renewing next season- we need to sell out even when the novelty has passed.

And, in 20 years time, remember how you feel now.

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011

Your not alone on this, kinda puts you off posting because you just know your going to be ripped to pieces for being a JCL.

Football

Oct 25, 2011
I'm afraid there is a clear hierarchy. That's just the way it is. At the top: fans who "were at Hereford". That trumps all else. After that it is a mix of fans who went to Gillingham every week (they do deserve some credit to be fair), fans who go to all the away games (but not the home ones- not hard core enough) and fans who can remember the 1970s. I went to the Withdean so am a third tier fan, then come the JCLs. You are ahead of the 1901 club and anyone who leaves early so it is not all bad.

We still want your money though. Please stick with it.

And in all seriousness- thank you and well done. When you have kids bring them as well. Don't let anyone put you off renewing next season- we need to sell out even when the novelty has passed.

And, in 20 years time, remember how you feel now.

Agreed. Nothing but respect for anyone who follows a proper club through good and bad times, done the same myself over the years. It's a strange kind of sensation "joining a club" at my age but I moved here for work and will be here for the foreseeable, so SSSEEEAAAGGGUUULLLSSSS!!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think the reason some people get the hump with Platics JCL's is because alot of us have watched and stuck by our beloved club through thick and thin and aswell as seeing some good times we have seen alot of awful, frustrating,monyless shit times but like true fans we still said proudly "I support Brighton" and now we are doing well and got the AMEX I think some get frustrated that you JCL's dont feel the same passion and devotion to the Albion as we do, dont get me wrong I welcome anyone and if it boosts the gates and makes revenue then great but still expect a bit of frustration at times, its a bit like being married to an ugly fat miserable bitch (no offence to anyone who is) who you stuck by looked out for and support as best you could even when no-ne else wanted her took this piss out of her and no other bloke would touch her but you stuck proud then one day she has a boob job a bit of surgery to change her face, had a bikini wax and toned her body up and now everyone wants to f*** her and she flirts infront of you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here