Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ill probably get loads of "JCL" etc comments but oh well..

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
This is my 10th year supporting the Albion, and what a way to mark the occasion, the Amex.
I started supporting Brighton when I was 6 years old, when I was taken to my first game, (2-1 win!) All thanks to my dad, and it was from that point on I thought to myself, I'm always going to support this team, nothing could stop me. Through the 6 or 7 seasons at Withdean, I saw some good moments, some absolutely devastating moments, and some moments of absolute brilliance (the win to get us to the play off final, and the last years promotion, to name but a few!)
I'm now 16 years old (don't hate on me cause of my age) and I have so many thanks to give to my dad, if it wasn't for him, I could of been a glory supporter who supports Arsenal or United and never goes to a game! But, I can't say how proud I am to be a fan now, being a season ticket holder for the last 3 seasons at Withdean and now the Amex, it actually bought a tear to my eye walking into the stadium(wow it feels good to say that!) against Spurs, with what Gus, Tony and Dick etc have done to this club, only more and more good can come to this club. One thing is for sure, no matter what, no one can ever lure me away from this club, through thick and thin I will be there, forever. Never have i been more proud to call myself a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

:albion2:

Sorry, I just had to get that out me...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You are a fan, thats all that matters. everybody starts somewhere.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Well said, the JCL hating brigade will not slate you for this I'm sure mate... Good on yer!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hardly a JCL, you've been a supporter since you were 6.

Personally, I'm not at all bothered by how "late" people come along and join the Albion, as long as they do come. Even those who are obsessed with such things can't include you in that collective.

Pleased you're enjoying the ride fella, this has to be more exciting that the alternative of sitting in front of teh tellybox cheering on Arsenal or ManUre or someone you have no connection with at all. All credit to your dad, he's put you on the best path.

:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair I dont think you are a JCL.

A JCL to me is someone who has never been to an Albion game and has just decied to jump on our bandwagon now.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
This is my 10th year supporting the Albion, and what a way to mark the occasion, the Amex.
I started supporting Brighton when I was 6 years old, when I was taken to my first game, (2-1 win!) All thanks to my dad, and it was from that point on I thought to myself, I'm always going to support this team, nothing could stop me. Through the 6 or 7 seasons at Withdean, I saw some good moments, some absolutely devastating moments, and some moments of absolute brilliance (the win to get us to the play off final, and the last years promotion, to name but a few!)
I'm now 16 years old (don't hate on me cause of my age) and I have so many thanks to give to my dad, if it wasn't for him, I could of been a glory supporter who supports Arsenal or United and never goes to a game! But, I can't say how proud I am to be a fan now, being a season ticket holder for the last 3 seasons at Withdean and now the Amex, it actually bought a tear to my eye walking into the stadium(wow it feels good to say that!) against Spurs, with what Gus, Tony and Dick etc have done to this club, only more and more good can come to this club. One thing is for sure, no matter what, no one can ever lure me away from this club, through thick and thin I will be there, forever. Never have i been more proud to call myself a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

:albion2:

Sorry, I just had to get that out me...

10 years is not JCL.

you will notice on NSC some people are full of their own self importance...thats the way they are ......just ignore them..for they have no life away from NSC

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Hardly a JCL, you've been a supporter since you were 6.

Personally, I'm not at all bothered by how "late" people come along and join the Albion, as long as they do come. Even those who are obsessed with such things can't include you in that collective.

Pleased you're enjoying the ride fella, this has to be more exciting that the alternative of sitting in front of teh tellybox cheering on Arsenal or ManUre or someone you have no connection with at all. All credit to your dad, he's put you on the best path.

:thumbsup:

Oh it is more exciting, there is nothing better than getting behind the team when you're actually there! And yes, he sure has, so thankful to him!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
JCL ? Forget it, the more the merrier, welcome.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
it wasn't for him, I could of been a glory supporter who supports Arsenal or United and never goes to a game!

I hardly think anyone who supports Arsenal could be considered a glory supporter nowadays!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wow. A 16 year old that can right proper. Well done son keep it up. :thumbsup:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I'm classed as JCL on here and have been supporting since I was 6 in 1978!! So I wouldn't worry about it my friend. Great to see a 16 year old that can write so well. I can totally empathise with you re Amex last week. Bring on Saturday!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm classed as JCL on here and have been supporting since I was 6 in 1978!! So I wouldn't worry about it my friend. Great to see a 16 year old that can write so well. I can totally empathise with you re Amex last week. Bring on Saturday!

There you go Notorious.. A real life JCL, just like me:lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bloody JCL

:p seriously ,surely it's about getting EVERYONE around supporting the Albion , embracing it and who knows maybe getting rid of the majority of the "top 4" shirts around town

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I wouldn't worry what anybody says on here about JCL's. The Albion is in your heart, its a living breathing thing. None of us can get enough, especially now. I am glad you enjoyed the first ten years, but I have a feeling that the next ten years will be even more enjoyable. Just make sure when you have any children, be like your Dad, and introduce them to our great club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here