Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ilived here but where is it?

Winifred Zahahaha had to live under a Bridge on March 17th :lolol::lolol:

Poor old Winifred. They had to let him drive the team bus back after the match so that he could feel that he contributed something on the day.:ffsparr:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Poor old Winifred. They had to let him drive the team bus back after the match so that he could feel that he contributed something on the day.:ffsparr:

Now I know why the Palace team bus was seen heading towards Beachy Head that Sunday afternoon :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Looks like Lewes Road again, near bottom of Elm Grove

correct on the left Gladstone terrace and on the right in the distance are the shops where we owned a caf'e

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

View attachment 41176

heres a better photo of the cottages taken 1954
see how the yew tree had grown
You lived in Railway Cottages?

Fascinating. Obviously built by the LB&SCR - to a design almost identical to the pair of Railway Cottages near where I live. Norman Baker used to live at Railway Cottages, Beddingham - before his house was demolished as part of the A27 widening. Again - the same design.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
View attachment 41177

heres another street I lived in (not the actual house)
try this one

You lived in Railway Cottages?

Fascinating. Obviously built by the LB&SCR - to a design almost identical to the pair of Railway Cottages near where I live. Norman Baker used to live at Railway Cottages, Beddingham - before his house was demolished as part of the A27 widening. Again - the same design.

they were apparently built for the railway gangers and info from the other cottage occupier said that they were also used as a Sunday school.
there were also cottages at or near the Brangwyn estate and at Mill lane in Patcham

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Amazingly worked out all those pics, although Mighell Street was a struggle. Shows I have lived in Brighton all my life.
I believe there was a shop once opposite your Lewes Road cottage just past the bridge on the other side of the road.
My dad's family were all Lewes Road and Hollingdean Road area so knew the area well when a kid.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Mighell Street. How did you pronounce it? I was mocked for calling it 'Miguel' Street in the 60's, as it was 'Mile' Street.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
View attachment 41170

no clues other than it has changed a lot

My parents went to look at that cottage when they were buying their first house. The estate agent wanted them to turn up to view at a certain time when he knew there wouldn't be any trains going by but they got there early and didn't go for it because of the noise and vibrations. I used to live in one of the railway cottages at the bottom of Mill Road at Waterhall.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My parents went to look at that cottage when they were buying their first house. The estate agent wanted them to turn up to view at a certain time when he knew there wouldn't be any trains going by but they got there early and didn't go for it because of the noise and vibrations. I used to live in one of the railway cottages at the bottom of Mill Road at Waterhall.

we got used to the trains so much so that on the first Christmas day when they were not running it woke me up wondering what had gone wrong :eek:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
we got used to the trains so much so that on the first Christmas day when they were not running it woke me up wondering what had gone wrong :eek:

I got used to the trains at Mill Road really quickly, and the sound of breaking headlights in the bottleneck under the railway bridge. My mum and dad decided to buy a house right next to the railway line at Southwick years later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here