Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ika cassilas

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The story of Cassilas, as a boy, forgetting to enter his dad's ticket in the Spanish lottery, a ticket that would have won his family a few million, is the stuff of legend. Imagine having that hanging over you.

Is that for real? Geeeeeeeeeeeeez. If so I guess he made up by earning millions in the end anyway

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah Begovic is a great keeper too, Im not quite sure he would be ranked in the world class level quite yet, he definetly has the potential to though.

I still disagree with Casilas though, I think he also had great distribution as well as shot stopping ability. But I do agree that Lloris could be in with a shout with Spurs player of the year, but I may just side with Kane. But I wouldnt argue with Lloris.

Take a look at this, breathtaking saves here, granted its obviously biased haha

Maybe I am just looking at it with English League Bias, I just couldn't imagine him suiting the league due to the crossing aspect, its a shame he will never be able to prove either of us right or wrong as he is moving to late.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Maybe I am just looking at it with English League Bias, I just couldn't imagine him suiting the league due to the crossing aspect, its a shame he will never be able to prove either of us right or wrong as he is moving to late.

I agree there, Im watching United ATM and Valdes struggled with a cross earlier which I attributed to the Spanish league not really being as physically tough on keepers and more than likely having to deal with a considerable amount of fewer crosses. I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive seen Barca cross the ball. They rarely cross from corners lol

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I wouldnt argue with that as I said I wouldnt want him to sign for us but 3 or 4 years ago a different story.

Are you having a laugh? Undoubtedly Casillas isn't the keeper he was but you do realize the level he is playing at don't you? He is currently RM's no 1 keeper....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you having a laugh? Undoubtedly Casillas isn't the keeper he was but you do realize the level he is playing at don't you? He is currently RM's no 1 keeper....

Mouriniho saw his decline and dropped him and he hasnt got back. his form , That is why Real are tryjng to sign a keeper. They realise he is no longer good enough.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Casillas has been a world-class keeper for the majority of his career. He's won ridiculous amounts of individual goal keeping awards as well as team awards. At stages he's been the best keeper in the world. He's not at that level any more (still WAY too good for us BTW) - but what a load of nonsense a lot of this thread is.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
He now makes more mistakes and pushes the ball back out into the danger area than DS. 3 or 4 years ago any side would have wanted him but not now.

So, by default you are saying that DS is a better keeper than Iker Casillas, the still no1 for Real Madrid, and still the Sapnish No1. Ok, I really need to know who's parody account you are. You can't be real. You just can't. Do you think that Stockers could be the Real Madrid first choice keeper???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree there, Im watching United ATM and Valdes struggled with a cross earlier which I attributed to the Spanish league not really being as physically tough on keepers and more than likely having to deal with a considerable amount of fewer crosses. I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive seen Barca cross the ball. They rarely cross from corners lol

Personally, If I was a manager I would try and avoid signing Keepers from the Spanish League, they tend not to cope - De Gea being the obvious exception, but he was very young when he got here.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Personally, If I was a manager I would try and avoid signing Keepers from the Spanish League, they tend not to cope - De Gea being the obvious exception, but he was very young when he got here.

Thibaut Courtois effectively came from the Spanish league having spent three years on loan at Atletico before making his Chelsea debut.

Adrián has done well at West Ham

Who hasn't coped?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, by default you are saying that DS is a better keeper than Iker Casillas, the still no1 for Real Madrid, and still the Sapnish No1. Ok, I really need to know who's parody account you are. You can't be real. You just can't. Do you think that Stockers could be the Real Madrid first choice keeper???

No I am not saying that DS is better but I dont think Casiilas would be an improvement. If he leaves Real as has been suggested if they bring in a new No 1 I cannot see many top clubs in this country chasing him. 1 club that needs a keeper it is said is Arsenal and is he better than what they have, I dont think so. 2 years ago definitely but not now.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wouldnt want him to even sign for us now.

It is genuinely staggering that somebody who has watched football for as long as you can still be so utterly f*cking clueless about it.

I pray to god you're a wind-up as otherwise you actually have a negative effect on my overall view of humanity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is genuinely staggering that somebody who has watched football for as long as you can still be so utterly f*cking clueless about it.

I pray to god you're a wind-up as otherwise you actually have a negative effect on my overall view of humanity.

What extra could he bring to us other than memories and his experience in a tense situation

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are people ACTUALLY suggesting that Iker Casillas wouldn't be good enough to play for the Albion?

Wow, just....wow.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No I am not saying that DS is better but I dont think Casiilas would be an improvement.

You don't think Iker Casillas would be an improvement over David Stockdale?

No disrespect to DS, but that is insane.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Our fans have begun to do exactly the same to Gorden Greer. Even though he started this season off very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here