Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Iiiiiiiiiiiits’s Fridat! The World Famous NSC Fridat Drinking Thread.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I ruined myself Wednesday night in my new local Sam Smith's pub in WC2 and still feeling the pain now so chilling tonight. I did however decanter an 12 year redbreast Irish whisky last weekend that I am yet to try so might have some of that if dinner wakes me up.

Did you? I bet you, you didn’t.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sunning in the Algarve so I have had a couple of Super Bocks followed by a Tanqueray Ranjpor and then onto the Portuguese red

We always end up drinking Superbock on our annual golf trip to the Algarve - same bar pre-dinner meet up every night. Been going for 15 years, it’s still 90c a pint (and the guy there can’t count either). Happy days.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On Waitrose’s Sav Blanc which is pretty decent. All the more when it was 25 percent off for 6 bottles and I had a ten quid voucher with them oi oi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ha that’s where I am. Been coming about 20 years as have a timeshare at the Alvor Praia. I guess you go to the Dom Joao the home for golfers!

LOL, absolutely (Dom Joao II in fact). Get fantastic deals using that hotel and the group’s courses as a package. A local guy sorts it all out for us including all travel.

The 90c a pint bar we use is the one between the main town and the hotels. Called ‘The Venue’. Handy stop-off on the way from the hotel into town [emoji106]

We’ve tried most of the restaurants in town but got any particular recommendations?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
LOL, absolutely (Dom Joao II in fact). Get fantastic deals using that hotel and the group’s courses as a package. A local guy sorts it all out for us including all travel.

The 90c a pint bar we use is the one between the main town and the hotels. Called ‘The Venue’. Handy stop-off on the way from the hotel into town [emoji106]

We’ve tried most of the restaurants in town but got any particular recommendations?

Green Door is a favourite as it’s benches like school dinners, the fish is excellent. We love the Atlantida as it’s on the beach and literally just a walk down the steps from where we stay. Ruccula is good quality even if the owner/chef is a Gillingham supporter but to be fair he has a good handle on the history of the Albion. Navegador has a fantastic live jazz band evening at the weekend. Bourganvilia does a great steak on the stone and is dirt cheap. Unusual tapas bar with outside eating Gastrobar 13. I suspect you have sampled many of these though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Green Door is a favourite as it’s benches like school dinners, the fish is excellent. We love the Atlantida as it’s on the beach and literally just a walk down the steps from where we stay. Ruccula is good quality even if the owner/chef is a Gillingham supporter but to be fair he has a good handle on the history of the Albion. Navegador has a fantastic live jazz band evening at the weekend. Bourganvilia does a great steak on the stone and is dirt cheap. Unusual tapas bar with outside eating Gastrobar 13. I suspect you have sampled many of these though.

Brill, thanks, will take this - very useful. TBF I’m struggling to recall a bad meal in Alvor - always very well looked after wherever we go. Love the place.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of big standard French stubbies earlier, now a rather glorious Elijah Craig small batch bourbon.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here