Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ii still love the BBC

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Don't see why I have to pay the license fee as never listen to the radio or TV.

and from something you posted earlier,

Just watched the paper headlines tomorrow on Sky. Maybe I should ring them up and threaten to sue them as all newspapers are full off shit and the headlines are just make belief trash?

i guess you do watch tv after all,what a surprise

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGOt9f3gKk

they are pro europe, their news is all corporate adverts (if you really watch closely intead of passively), and they support all wars the UK enter.

they are propaganda.

have they shown any of this from Egypt the past week?

also, watch the panorama with M.Portillo a year before the london bombings, and pro transhumanism and GMO nonsense they push out on Horizon over recent years.

but, saying this, some of their online stuff is really really good and probably worth a small fee alone.

BBC produce some good TV but the news channels are pure propaganda as you mention. Do we ever see any stories over the selling off of the NHS - nope , instead day after day we get shown news stories showing how bad doctors / nurses / hospitals are. Question programmers where the main questions are not allowed. Peddling the Europe stories virtually every opportunity . Whipping up the racial divide in a very subtle way. All stories create a side show to what is really happening with corrupt bankers / MP's siphoning public money into private pockets. They are all in this together. A controlled demolition. This happens day after day after day. Propaganda.

Unbiased - Don't you believe it !

They don't tell you what to think but they do tell you what to think and not think about.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
BBC produce some good TV but the news channels are pure propaganda as you mention. Do we ever see any stories over the selling off of the NHS - nope , instead day after day we get shown news stories showing how bad doctors / nurses / hospitals are. Question programmers where the main questions are not allowed. Peddling the Europe stories virtually every opportunity . Whipping up the racial divide in a very subtle way. All stories create a side show to what is really happening with corrupt bankers / MP's siphoning public money into private pockets. They are all in this together. A controlled demolition. This happens day after day after day. Propaganda.

Unbiased - Don't you believe it !

They don't tell you what to think but they do tell you what to think and not think about.

And which news programmes on other channels deal with it differently

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
The BBC website actually has a dverts before videos and above/beside news articles like most websites if you view it from overseas/through a non-UK VPN. As do BBC's international channels. So they do raise some revenue that way.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The BBC has its faults, but it does a lot of things right. In particular, I think its natural history programmes and science programmes that have the likes of Dr Alice Roberts involved in them are first class. If anything, I think it is an organisation that tries too hard to 'please all the people, all of the time', which is an impossible task. While I have had certain gripes about having to change channels mid-match during some of their Wimbledon coverage, it is good that their red button/website coverage enables me to watch a match in the mixed doubles on court 9 at 8:15 in the evening, should I so wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here