Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor’s substitution

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Exactly the way I saw it. We wanted to keep the game moving so Igor merely stepped off the pitch to minimise the time taken.

I was surprised at his choice to walk by the away end instead of the North Stand though.
Goodnight did that out of choice in front of the Palace fans a few weeks back. I wonder if he has a touch of the Maupay's :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And yet Calvert-Lewin was allowed to stroll, aimlessly admiring the bucolic serenity of the lovely verdant green pastures pretty much all the way from where Igor departed.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Igor and Lampteys substitutions were odd ones as both were playing well
I'm wondering if some of the subs were made with the thought we've got 7 games in 23 days (starting with Everton assuming we reach the FA Cup QF, or City and us both get knocked out, if not it's still 6 games in 20 days). Mindful of that RDZ wanted to get some mins in players who hadn't played much, while also keeping some of those who were starting but have also been injured recently fresh for a busy few weeks.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Exactly the way I saw it. We wanted to keep the game moving so Igor merely stepped off the pitch to minimise the time taken.

I was surprised at his choice to walk by the away end instead of the North Stand though.

I wasn’t surprised at all. If I looked as hard as Igor I’d probably cup an ear in their direction. :D

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He obviously felt he didn't have a good game going by his post match Instagram post.
Screenshot_20240225-123721~2.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Pretty sure the rules are that you have to walk the shortest way round

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Would you have wound him up ??

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really didn’t understand why Igor chose to walk round in front of the away end rather than round by the North stand? Bounanotte did the same during the Palace match and just seemed like an invitation for grief.

*edit* and now I’ve read the whole thread I see it’s been mentioned already. Just to point out where they came off is roughly equal distance either way round to our bench.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thought overall the ref was crap..............why Tarkowski didn't get a second yellow for upending Welbeck mystified me, instead he showed one to RDZ.........think the game has gone to pot !
referees are certainly gash these days , inexplicable really with the introduction of VAR ......all the time we are moaning about football/referees we are not focused on our politicians and their shady practices ....call me cynical.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We get a marginal decision from the ref, with a nothing free kick in midfield. Their fans:

"PREMIER LEAGUE, CURRUPT AS F*CK, PREMIER LEAGUE, CORRUPT AS F*CK"

And they wonder why they get pegged with a victim complex.
With any luck they won’t have anything to do with the premier league next season so their fans can relax and enjoy the magic of the championship.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
referees are certainly gash these days , inexplicable really with the introduction of VAR ......all the time we are moaning about football/referees we are not focused on our politicians and their shady practices ....call me cynical.
Cynical !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why did the referee make Igor walk half walk around the perimeter of the pitch and then let Welbeck and Adingra (?) walk across the pitch from virtually the same starting points during the same substitutions?
I don't think the ref made him – loads of Albion players seem to take that route when they are over that side of the pitch (as opposed to going East, North and then West). I did notice that DCL was around the same place when he got subbed and trudged across the pitch, not the 'proper' route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here