Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor’s substitution

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why did the referee make Igor walk half walk around the perimeter of the pitch and then let Welbeck and Adingra (?) walk across the pitch from virtually the same starting points during the same substitutions?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why did the referee make Igor walk half walk around the perimeter of the pitch and then let Welbeck and Adingra (?) walk across the pitch from virtually the same starting points during the same substitutions?
Because he was an inconsistent clown.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think it was Igor’s decision to walk off that way. I didn’t see the ref motion for him to leave the pitch via the East touchline. Maybe Igor thought we’d keep our momentum going if the game restarted quickly as we were still on top at that stage.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did the ref actually make Igor leave that way? From what I saw as soon as his number went up he just left the pitch at nearest point, obviously as we didn’t want to be wasting any time 🤷‍♂️

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was the ref Tony Harrington?

BBC say so, but they’ve also got the crowd at 41k.

Beat that Palace!

IMG_1963.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did the ref actually make Igor leave that way? From what I saw as soon as his number went up he just left the pitch at nearest point, obviously as we didn’t want to be wasting any time 🤷‍♂️
Exactly the way I saw it. We wanted to keep the game moving so Igor merely stepped off the pitch to minimise the time taken.

I was surprised at his choice to walk by the away end instead of the North Stand though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly the way I saw it. We wanted to keep the game moving so Igor merely stepped off the pitch to minimise the time taken.

I was surprised at his choice to walk by the away end instead of the North Stand though.
Maybe he wanted to get a closer look at the Everton fans' banner, because like the rest of us, he must have been thinking "You've been caught cheating, surely you're not waving a banner protesting at that fact?".

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I assumed the referee had made Igor leave the pitch where he did. It would’ve taken Igor 20 seconds to jog the 100m across the pitch to the bench. Nonetheless it saved no time because two other substitutions followed at the same time that took ages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We get a marginal decision from the ref, with a nothing free kick in midfield. Their fans:

"PREMIER LEAGUE, CURRUPT AS F*CK, PREMIER LEAGUE, CORRUPT AS F*CK"

And they wonder why they get pegged with a victim complex.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ah
We get a marginal decision from the ref, with a nothing free kick in midfield. Their fans:

that's what they were singing.
Thought they were copying our De Zerbi's right chant

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I love my club as much as anyone here, but I really can’t see what the ref did wrong. Judgement call on the second yellow for Tarkowski I suppose, but not every foul for a player on a yellow has to be a second yellow. It looked quite innocuous in the replays.

I thought the ref had a decent game overall.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

We got a marginal decision?

Must have missed that 😉😃

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I love my club as much as anyone here, but I really can’t see what the ref did wrong. Judgement call on the second yellow for Tarkowski I suppose, but not every foul for a player on a yellow has to be a second yellow. It looked quite innocuous in the replays.

Everton players throwing the ball away, no yellow card.
Just be consistent, finally booked one at the end of the game.

Usual poor officiating for me, I expect nothing more though…..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Yep totally agree !! Tarkowski wasn't a second yellow. And generally up until near the end he was giving all 50/50s to us.

What is it with fans these days. Get a bad result and the first person blamed is the ref

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here