Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
2020 is a long time ago in a young players career, I'm now as concerned about Lamptey's ability as much as his awful injury record. He looks naive on the pitch and without that incredible extra burst of pace he had, he just isn't the same player.

I would rather we signed a RB ready to play now and Lamptey went out on loan, got some regular game time and see if can re-learn his position to become good enough to play in this technically brilliant team because at the moment I don't think he is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we sign Julio, does this mean that we have given up on Colwill and does this mean, in turn, that Caecido stays ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
2020 is a long time ago in a young players career, I'm now as concerned about Lamptey's ability as much as his awful injury record. He looks naive on the pitch and without that incredible extra burst of pace he had, he just isn't the same player.

I would rather we signed a RB ready to play now and Lamptey went out on loan, got some regular game time and see if can re-learn his position to become good enough to play in this technically brilliant team because at the moment I don't think he is.
Lampty is a busted flush, even when he does play now, he has lost that bit extra speed, and not as direct as he once was, maybe that is the way he has been told to play, who am I to second judge the manager. I also think the rumblings of him being discontent last season and a possible loan or permanent move away, could be something that has not gone away.
I personally do not see him in being here at the end of the Summer window.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No. Caicedo can leave if the Albion’s valuation is met. Same with every player.

If our valuation is met in the right time window for us (allowing us to put plan B into action). And that window has been getting smaller by the day since it was flung open.

Sign Igor today and Caicedo gets a run out tomorrow and I'd suggest that Todd may have to wonder whether he's still capable of squeezing through without the option of Colwill giving him a push :wink:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
With Webster and JPVH being a little shaky, I'm not sold on them being the future 4/5/6 year partnership we need.

I don't see them being the strong 'Dunk and Duffy' or Dunk and *enter a CB* we've had Dunk partner since Duff left.

Therefore we need not only a future Dunk replacement but I would like us to also find a partner, who when fit, is also a nailed on starter.

So I could see us bringing in several CBs trying to find the future long term replacements for Dunk and his partner, who knows that could be Colwill & Igor ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The way we play we need a left sided centre half….I can’t believe I’m not a manager.
Dunk is fine barring injuries for the next three years but I’m undecided on What the Hecke and Webster is injured too often to get up a head of steam.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With Webster and JPVH being a little shaky, I'm not sold on them being the future 4/5/6 year partnership we need.

I don't see them being the strong 'Dunk and Duffy' or Dunk and *enter a CB* we've had Dunk partner since Duff left.

Therefore we need not only a future Dunk replacement but I would like us to also find a partner, who when fit, is also a nailed on starter.

So I could see us bringing in several CBs trying to find the future long term replacements for Dunk and his partner, who knows that could be Colwill & Igor ???
Colwill or Igor, yes, obviously potential long term partners for Dunk.

........and maybe in time JPVH will be our Dunk replacement (depending on how long Dunk goes on for, of course).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If our valuation is met in the right time window for us (allowing us to put plan B into action). And that window has been getting smaller by the day since it was flung open.

Sign Igor today and Caicedo gets a run out tomorrow and I'd suggest that Todd may have to wonder whether he's still capable of squeezing through without the option of Colwill giving him a push :wink:
agreed - missed the vital rider that it also has to be right for the club

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No - we are still trying to get Colwill I have been told …
The longer this Caicedo for Colwill and cash thing goes on, the more it sounds like it is the only deal on the table for Chelsea.
No Colwill, no Caicedo. Take it or leave it.

But who will blink first? I think we all know the answer.

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk is fine barring injuries for the next three years
We do need someone with a bit of pace next to him though. For all his qualities, pace has never been one of them and he ain't going to get any faster.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Plenty of posters who are sceptical of Lamptey above . This doesn't include RDZ though

To be honest if those inside re club feel he can stay fit, it would take a big purchase to replace him. It would be better if we can jus get it working with him.

Also It may be jus my perception but RDZ did pick him quite regularly when fit.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Colwill or Igor, yes, obviously potential long term partners for Dunk.

........and maybe in time JPVH will be our Dunk replacement (depending on how long Dunk goes on for, of course).

Hope I'm wrong but I cant see JPVH being anywhere near as sturdy and classy as Dunk.

Dunk is also 32yr? now or thereabouts he's no spring chicken in football years.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
To be honest if those inside re club feel he can stay fit, it would take a big purchase to replace him. It would be better if we can jus get it working with him.

Also It may be jus my perception but RDZ did pick him quite regularly when fit.
Sauce?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here