[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I made my feelings known above. Would prefer this guy. But we wouldn't be getting him at this low a price if he wasn't off form.

I agree, look at that Veltman fella we got for £900k. What an absolute crock of shit he turned out to be eh? Where is he now anyways?

Or what Cucurella? Or Mac Argie? Or that Esupinian fella. All a shower of shite because they came cheap.

Come on, we know how good Palarse are after paying over the top for has-been PL players, we should adopt that model.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree, look at that Veltman fella we got for £900k. What an absolute crock of shit he turned out to be eh? Where is he now anyways?

Or what Cucurella? Or Mac Argie? Or that Esupinian fella. All a shower of shite because they came cheap.

Come on, we know how good Palarse are after paying over the top for has-been PL players, we should adopt that model.
I'm not saying he won't be good, far from it. I'm saying he's currently off form.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not saying he won't be good, far from it. I'm saying he's currently off form.
Dahoud was apparently ‘off form’ when we signed him. He’s only played the equivalent of two 90mins games this year. He didn’t look ‘off form’ against Chelsea though and I anticipate he won’t against Luton in a few weeks. RDZ can have a transformational effect on players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dahoud was apparently ‘off form’ when we signed him. He’s only played the equivalent of two 90mins games this year. He didn’t look ‘off form’ against Chelsea though and I anticipate he won’t against Luton in a few weeks. RDZ can have a transformational effect on players.
Personally I thought Dahoud looked a long way off the pace fitness wise - and that was only having to pace himself to last 45 minutes.

No doubting his quality, though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Personally I thought Dahoud looked a long way off the pace fitness wise - and that was only having to pace himself to last 45 minutes.

I thought he was very good for 45 minutes but clear that he wasn’t Premier League fit. He has got time to get up to speed though and even then I think he’s a player who may play 65/70 minutes before being replaced.
He’s gone quite some time since playing regularly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Perhaps, but it is pre-season, different teammates at a different level in a 90 mile an hour league, where players are proper athletes. (Edit - not knocking German football, it’s just a different style).

Quality though as you say…..

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I know this guy is primarily a centre back, but from watching various highlight videos he seems to find himself further up the pitch a lot. More like a defensive mid who makes passes and runs from there. I wonder if we might be seeing this guy as a bit of utility defensive and midfield player. Might be wrong as i've not seen a full 90, but I wouldn't class his style as your traditional centre back type. More mobile than that and looks comfortable dribbling with the ball.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just spotted at Heathrow... ;)

Tracking the chauffeured Mercedes V-Class in real time, have we been gazumped?

IMG_0055.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Perhaps, but it is pre-season, different teammates at a different level in a 90 mile an hour league, where players are proper athletes. (Edit - not knocking German football, it’s just a different style).

Quality though as you say…..
I'm reliably informed by [checks notes...] some guy on another thread that Germans spend all their time eating sausages and wearing lederhosen.
He'll need a while get that out of his system.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been researching this and have made extensive inquiries. What I have learned, and it was hard graft, I can tell you is.......is.....

Roberto is a football necromancer. He can find elements of football talent that are dead inside a player, and he can raise that dead, raise it proper.

It may contravene the laws* of human nature, but it is a fact. Fact.

*One of my favourite quotes from my dad, when we all pissed him off one time, and then accused him of upsetting himself, and he declared that would be against the laws of human nature. Now I understand a bit more about autism, I know what he meant. Cracking turn of phrase, though. :lolol: I shall now use it repeatedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports