Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
If true that’s Burnley and now Fulham we’ve beaten to signings so far this window. Most unlike us - primarily as usually our transfer targets are so obscure they’re probably barely even on our rival clubs’ radar until they pitch up here!
And Palace with Adrian Mazilu

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And others too - Because he’s expressed an interest in coming here , and because he’s refusing to sign a new contract.
This is all incredibly embarrassing for Chelsea. One of their most promising youngsters actually prefers a career with Brighton. They’ll have to make a decision before September.

But, Pochettino is known for his man management (see long Lallana interviews on YouTube) so I think US tour is going to be his chance to persuade the young man that the London club are his future. We‘ll see.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
And others too - Because he’s expressed an interest in coming here , and because he’s refusing to sign a new contract.
Suspect we are using it as the last chip on the table in regard to a Moises deal. Showmanship more than anything as Chelsea may just offer 90m and we’ll take it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Suspect we are using it as the last chip on the table in regard to a Moises deal. Showmanship more than anything as Chelsea may just offer 90m and we’ll take it.
We won’t

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Not unrealistic we sign Levi and Igor if we don’t sign a left back as they could both cover there.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But it could.
Of course it could. My point is the bloke has millions of followers for being equivocal on nearly every transfer story. Already stated that I have begrudgingly accepted that he is a skilled communicator and has built a respected (by many) brand. Still makes 99% of it up until it’s a yard off the line after the opposing keeper is stuck up field after a 121st minute corner. Here we go!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If true that’s Burnley and now Fulham we’ve beaten to signings so far this window. Most unlike us - primarily as usually our transfer targets are so obscure they’re probably barely even on our rival clubs’ radar until they pitch up here!

I assume that the club go after targets in the same quietly confidential way as before. But other clubs have their scouting intelligence too, plus agents/selling clubs contrive a market to drive up interest.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think this deal is very close now.

With Chelsea messing around with low bids for Caicedo I reckon our pursuit of Colwill has stalled and plan B is swinging into action.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Fiorentina fans seem pissed off he's going. Which is a good sign.
Erm don't know who you've talked to, but they're all pretty happy, especially for that price. There's definitely a fair bit of recency bias regarding his very costly error in the final against West Ham in Prague, but he hasn't had a good year with Fiorentina.

This is directly from one of their major news fansites (ViolaNews), written on June 13th when giving marks out of 10 to their players' season - like a school report card:
IGOR 4,5: Last season he'd made a great impression because of his stark improvement, but this year he's plummeted many steps back and in 2023 he became a problem for Fiorentina. That error in Prague was the worst possible epilogue to his year and, probably, to his career in a purple shirt.

Now, as you've read there he played better in the previous season, so he's capable of playing better than how he's played this year. And also, Italiano is a terrible coach to be a defender for, he's nearly suicidal in attack without having any of the safety at the back that even someone like RDZ grants to his teams.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Erm don't know who you've talked to, but they're all pretty happy, especially for that price. There's definitely a fair bit of recency bias regarding his very costly error in the final against West Ham in Prague, but he hasn't had a good year with Fiorentina.

This is directly from one of their major news fansites (ViolaNews), written on June 13th when giving marks out of 10 to their players' season - like a school report card:

Now, as you've read there he played better in the previous season, so he's capable of playing better than how he's played this year. And also, Italiano is a terrible coach to be a defender for, he's nearly suicidal in attack without having any of the safety in the back that even someone like RDZ grants to his teams.
We've had plenty of players over the years join us where fans of their previous team have said the player is terrible and glad he's leaving, only for him to join us and be brilliant. When players are half out the doors you always get a load of fans saying 'well he was rubbish anyway'. We were told Joel Veltman was a terrible player who made loads of costly mistakes, but with us he's Mr Reliable. If we're in for this Igor Julio guy then I will trust the coaches opinion.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
We've had plenty of players over the years join us where fans of their previous team have said the player is terrible and glad he's leaving, only for him to join us and be brilliant. When players are half out the doors you always get a load of fans saying 'well he was rubbish anyway'. We were told Joel Veltman was a terrible player who made loads of costly mistakes, but with us he's Mr Reliable. If we're in for this Igor Julio guy then I will trust the coaches opinion.
Yep, I'm not saying he won't be good for you, just disproving that guy's claim that Fiorentina fans were angry at him leaving. One point in his favour is that by playing for Italiano he's already used to play in an attacking system that requires him to play the ball and go forward, although obviously not with the press-baiting tactic that RDZ adopts. No doubt he could enjoy some kind of renaissance if well-coached.

Reactions: Bod

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't agree with the Veltamn one. Know a few Ajax fans and they all said he was Mr Dependable , always 8/10

Out of interest , who have we had that other fans have said are terrible and turned out to be brilliant . Shane Duffy springs to mind but I think he was highly regarded at Blackburn until he turned it sour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here