Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Could we be getting Igor, and still hoping to sign Levi?

Is Webster on a the way out, I got the feeling that DeZerbi didn’t fancy him much.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Sorry if I'm being thick, but is his first name Julio or Igor??

Only ask because he wears Igor on his back, but the thread implies his first name is Igor and surely you wear your surname on your back?!! Or do the Brazilians 'do it differently'?

The article from Italy refers to 'Igor' as if that's his surname.....I'm confused!!!!
There are quite a few players that have their first name on their back rather than their last. It's a minority, for sure, but it happens for various reasons.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think it's him or Colwill.
Right now we have three CBs including JP plus Veltman. That isn't enough.

Is Webster on a the way out, I got the feeling that DeZerbi didn’t fancy him much.
A fit Webster is still an asset.
I think we would sign Colwill no matter who else we sign, and wouldn't be surprised if RDZ sees him as someone who can cover both DM and LWB positions whilst being first choice LCB. Only concern would be Colwill's reaction to us signing another CB.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I think we could well be interested in getting both players. If we do it may be more likely that Offiah goes on loan rather than Webster leaves.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
At 13-14 million, in this day and age, that doesn't say 'he's coming as a certain starter', feels much more like right player and right price to add squad depth.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Just seen this..can play LB and DM.
Interesting comment about lacking in progressive passes. Think you can take that with a pinch of salt. We simply wouldn't sign a CB we felt lacked in that department under RDZ.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Just seen this..can play LB and DM.
Interesting comment about lacking in progressive passes. Think you can take that with a pinch of salt. We simply wouldn't sign a CB we felt lacked in that department under RDZ.
Oddly he ranks highly in all the other passing metrics, so possibly it’s a tactical or mental thing rather than an obvious flaw in his game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

In ma pajama, rolled out of bed, phone notification
When I found out I began to shout
The news had brought elation
Reliance source?, it was Reliable source
Oh, what I saw, it was a reliance source

Good in the air, good on the ground
I'm glad his name got mentioned
The doubters say "if he gets a red card"
He's gonna get a long suspension

[Choris]
Well, he's on his way
Don't know where he's playing, but he's on his way
He's takin' his time but I hear he's flair
Goodbye to Colwill, It was nice whilst you were here
Singin' Igor Julio bringin' the samba
Singin' Igor Julio bringin' the samba

Reactions: abc

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder if any aspect of this going public is us wanting Levi to know about it, particularly Naylor and Owen briefed that Levi is still number 1 target.

Is this is trying to get Levi to request a transfer?
I thought the same thing. It’s our last card on the Levi saga. Ok, we have someone else lined up but we really want you. However, if it doesn’t happen quick we’ll have to go for our back up.
Over to you Levi.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry if I'm being thick, but is his first name Julio or Igor??

Only ask because he wears Igor on his back, but the thread implies his first name is Igor and surely you wear your surname on your back?!! Or do the Brazilians 'do it differently'?

The article from Italy refers to 'Igor' as if that's his surname.....I'm confused!!!!

I think Igor + Julio are his 2 given names. His surname is dos Santos de Paulo (presumably, the first part is his mum's surname, 2nd his dad's.

Similarly, João Pedro is a given name. His surname is Junqueira Jesus.

And yes, Brazilians do it differently. eg Edson Arantes do Nascimento having Pele on his shirt.

I'm pretty sure Hulk wasn't a real surname either.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Crikey! The size of his thighs!

Sean Flanagan Love GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Oddly he ranks highly in all the other passing metrics, so possibly it’s a tactical or mental thing rather than an obvious flaw in his game.
Like with all player metrics, they can easily mislead you as players mostly do what their manager's tell them to do.

If Igor was managed by Mourinho, his metrics for booting it long at every opportunity would be quite high. It doesn't mean he can't pass though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This is very confusing. You have reliable sources like Naylor and Owen saying he's a backup if we don't get Colwill. Then plenty of others saying it's about to happen. Clear as mud!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is very confusing. You have reliable sources like Naylor and Owen saying he's a backup if we don't get Colwill. Then plenty of others saying it's about to happen. Clear as mud!
I'm guessing for Colwill read a first choice LCB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here