[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looks like Fiorentina are stepping up their recruitment for Igor’s replacement. They’re being heavily linked to signing Ethan Ampadu, fee in region of 12m.

I’d happily take him here if it fell through.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Looks like Fiorentina are stepping up their recruitment for Igor’s replacement. They’re being heavily linked to signing Ethan Ampadu, fee in region of 12m.

I’d happily take him here if it fell through.
I’d take him regardless. Seriously under rated and can play anywhere across the back or in midfield. He’d be this teams Vincelot

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A straight long ball is harsh. It was an excellent pass by Paqueta, a Brazilian international
Seeing as Igor is facing the other way and can’t see the sprinting Bowen behind him, the full back needs to take some responsibility for conceding the goal too. He can see exactly what is happening:

IMG_2932.jpeg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Highlights seem quite Ben White like (just flipped left not right). Seems ideal for LCB when Veltman is at right back and doesn’t act the same way to the attacking Estupinan at left back. Basically like a 3 when we’re on the ball.

Feels like we might lack pace if leave only two back with Milner or Lamptey at RB (and Dunk alongside this signing although if their positioning is as elite as we hope then half get away with it and Webster was hardly a speed merchant) but then we might still have Caicedo deep, or not send both Full Backs bombing on at the same time unless chasing a game and thus still have 3.

Also fills in well at LB which is important in a pinch for us.

Sign him up!

I even like that if he’s gonna beat out Webster to play alongside Dunk as first choice, it means Webster or JPVH can do a bit of either starter’s role. The dribbler or the passer. When we were linked to the Belgian, he seemed too Dunk like in style to play alongside each other super regularly despite being a very promising player. I think it might help both those back up’s stay a bit more disciplined when needed like when JP covered Haaland. Oddly having Dunk alongside them let’s them charge off (sometimes very effective and good thing) but their best games seem to be when they don’t have Dunky next to them and they have to take on more responsibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That was Milenkovic, their No.4.

Second point is correct and shows that he is not a speed merchant.
You’re right. That was for handball wasn’t it? I’m thinking of a poorly judged tackle from behind. Can’t have been in the final.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's being reported that this guy is plan b if we don't get Colwill. But the Colwill saga is still nowhere near being resolved. So this chap has to wait and twiddle his thumbs thinking will we or won't we sign him.

Seems messy.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's being reported that this guy is plan b if we don't get Colwill. But the Colwill saga is still nowhere near being resolved. So this chap has to wait and twiddle his thumbs thinking will we or won't we sign him.

Seems messy.
Not messy, just normal. Transfers are regularly dependent on others. It’s one of the reasons you should have a contingency list like we do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fiorentina is defining two outgoing transactions, it could close both of them today. This is the defender Igor at Brighton, we had told you about it in recent days, which De Zerbi would like before leaving for the friendlies abroad.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I wonder if any aspect of this going public is us wanting Levi to know about it, particularly Naylor and Owen briefed that Levi is still number 1 target.

Is this is trying to get Levi to request a transfer?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Sorry if I'm being thick, but is his first name Julio or Igor??

Only ask because he wears Igor on his back, but the thread implies his first name is Igor and surely you wear your surname on your back?!! Or do the Brazilians 'do it differently'?

The article from Italy refers to 'Igor' as if that's his surname.....I'm confused!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports