Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Looking at pictures of Igor is giving me a slight feeling of inadequacy. I think it's the huge thighs. Couldn't we have signed Anthony Gordon instead.
The Women's team have been making plenty of signings, usually Australian and often without any hint of what position they play.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chile - Gonzalo Jara (loan player under Gus Poyet in the first season at the Amex).
He was talking about current players. If you were looking at altogether, you can tick off Uruguay, too. We had a (crap) loanee in Poyet's era, called Diego Arismendi.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was talking about current players. If you were looking at altogether, you can tick off Uruguay, too. We had a (crap) loanee in Poyet's era, called Diego Arismendi.
That's it! I knew there had been one but I couldn't recall the name.

I was mostly just pleased I remembered our angry Chilean right back.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If you ever want a reminder of just how long Lewis Dunk has been playing for Brighton - Diego Arismendi got sent off and cried on the pitch in the same game Lewis Dunk made his debut for Brighton.

We had a loanee from Stoke. And Chris Holroyd.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, categorically yes, every study in this field proves the answer to be yes.
Every cyclist I've ever encountered is a miserable so-and-so and wants to do pistols at dawn with me.

Mind you, I do try to send them all into the ditch. I see it as a challenge, like an adult game of pinball.

(For the record, I always give way to cyclists. On narrow country lanes, I come to a complete stop so that they feel safe as they pass).

I know you are right about the happiness thing by the way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Need these if our defence ASAP!

IMG_3142.jpeg

Jimmy Grimble

I'm surprised he didn't come on at HT today. Concerns me a little.
Does anyone know what Igor is like defending in isolation (as Webster was left to do on Saturday)?

We paid £20 million for him with only a year left on his contract so it seems natural to start expecting to see him sooner or later.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Does anyone know what Igor is like defending in isolation (as Webster was left to do on Saturday)?

We paid £20 million for him with only a year left on his contract so it seems natural to start expecting to see him sooner or later.

More like 17 million quid including 2.5 in add-ons, which is a few million less than we paid for Webster 4 years ago.

I'm sure we'll see him on the pitch soon enough but the fee doesn't necessarily suggest he's a likely starter.

Jimmy Grimble

More like 17 million quid including 2.5 in add-ons, which is a few million less than we paid for Webster 4 years ago.

I'm sure we'll see him on the pitch soon enough but the fee doesn't necessarily suggest he's a likely starter.
Webster had 3 years of his deal left at Bristol City though. If Igor had the same, it’d be around an extra £5-10 million on his price.

I’m just hoping he’s a level up from what we have in 1v1 situations.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
£50m of new talent benched a new midfielder who’s class just needs games benched. West Ham like Wolves targeted the space behind Milner got away with one not the other. The quality player that is Veltman benched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here