Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No, if you recall when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the final, Spurs in 4th place missed out on the CL, as you can only have a maximum of 4 clubs per nation.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I can't follow all that. But as I understand it, when we finish in the top four, we qualify for the CL. That'll do,

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can't follow all that. But as I understand it, when we finish in the top four, we qualify for the CL. That'll do,
That's the one (Although if Chelsea win the Champions League and Manchester United the Europa League, whilst finishing outside the top four, then it would only be the top three).

Team in 5th in Europa League
FA Cup winner in Europa League (6th place if it's a team already qualified for CL or Europa League)
League Cup winner in Conference League (Transfers to team in 6th, or team in 7th if the team in 6th have already made it into Europe)

In general., the team in 7th qualifies for Europe. The League Cup Final is between two teams currently in the top four. If we finish in 7th we want a team from the top six to win the FA Cup if we don't.

This is the first season where, if Albion don't win a cup, we want a top team to win it for our sakes.

I think.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unless teams from outside the top 4 win both the CL and Europa, in which case the team in 4th misses out (and goes in the Europa).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could you imagine how pissed off we’d be if we finished 4th and didn’t get Champions League?
Right now I'm thinking to myself 'I'll take it'. It's still 4th place and Europa. But I expect you're right, and if that did happen we'd be annoyed. It won't happen though.

Top 3 of Manc clubs and Ars. Newcastle and Spurs fighting for 4th place. And we're in a mini league with Liverpool (just 3 points behind us), Chelsea, Brentford and Fulham to try and get 6th. There's a long way to go still and it's a big ask.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Seems to me we want all English clubs to fail in Europe and both domestic cups to be won by teams above us in the final league positions (or ourselves of course). If all that happens then it is just a simple matter of finishing 4th to get Champions League or at least 7th for some sort of European tour.

Man U seem certain for top 4 so there is no change should they win the Europa, likewise if Man City win the Champions League then there will be no issue since they also seem certain of top 4.

However if one of Spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea won the Champions League and we were in 4th spot then we would miss out on Champions League. This is obviously a very faint possibility and not one to loose sleep over.

I think there is more chance of us scrapping 7th only for some team below us in the league standings to win the FA cup.

Obviously this is all just a daydream right now and it is probably best to wait until May comes and see where we are before we actually start to worry.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
if we were to qualify for Europe how would we fair look at West Ham flying last year get into Europe this year their league form has dramatically dropped only two points off a relegation spot is this a sign that if you are not one of the big six with a second squad of players practically as good as the first team then managing players game time proves to be very difficult and if we do loose Ali Mac and Casedo in the summer will we be able to cope

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here