Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Zamora signs tommorow...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Cunning marketing plan. Lose your top striker for a wad of cash and then bring in crowd favourite journeyman to replace him to appease fans.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well, we need 2 strikers after losing Barker, Barnes, Hoskins, and Dickenson with no replacements, so a good call.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
We can't afford Stephen Ward and Zamora is well known as being somebody who doesn't actually like football, he is just good at it and so plays for as much money as possible

Yeah, can definitely see it happening

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Surely an extra 3000 season tickets would be sold if Zamora signed. If you multiply that by the cost of a season ticket you could pay him 15-20k a week and it would financially viable? Even prudent under FFP?

I didn't think he looked finished at all at the end of last season. From what I remember he turned the games in the play offs. Id love to see him back.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Surely an extra 3000 season tickets would be sold if Zamora signed.

Really?

I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't already got a ticket that would be more likely to go as a result of our signing Zamora. Those that remember Bobby are already in the stadium and he's not a bigger name than Vicente.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Really?

I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't already got a ticket that would be more likely to go as a result of our signing Zamora. Those that remember Bobby are already in the stadium and he's not a bigger name than Vicente.

Really? Not biggie than Vicente. I loved him but 2 half seasons if that. Zamora scored what 90 plus goals over three seasons with 2 promotions. I know who is the legend and who isn't.

You may well be right though, it's difficult to know how many more season tickets would be sold. I'm just trying to justify it :0)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, we need 2 strikers after losing Barker, Barnes, Hoskins, and Dickenson with no replacements, so a good call.

True but of those 4, only Barnes was anywhere near the first team and currently we only play 1 up front. If Ulloa is no. 1, CMS, no.2, it'd have to be a striker who was happy being 3rd choice. WIth Bobby's wages he'd like be our top paid striker with the least likely chance of starting.

That and I sincerely doubt he even wants to come back...

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I have heard there has been contact between the club and Bobby and his agent, but a massive wage cut would be needed, so unlikely to go too much further.

We have to remember he is unlikely to be much more than a bit part player if he did come back, and I'm glad the club won't break the wage structure, if we could get him for a reasonable wage then I think it would be fantastic to see him come home, but only for the right money.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well with only Ulloa, CMS and Goodwin on the books, and assuming we'll always want at least one striker on the bench, we are extremely exposed to the effects of injuries and suspensions in this position.

Get 2 in I think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Zamora signs on the same day as they reveal the new kit you can guarantee we'd smash the shirt sales record.

If Zamora signs on the same day as they reveal the new kit you can guarantee l'd eat my hat,

In fact if Zamora signs at all l'd eat my hat.

Lets just leave Bobby where he is, in our heads, in the past, and as an absolute legend. Remember what happened to Micky Adams second time around?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
True but of those 4, only Barnes was anywhere near the first team and currently we only play 1 up front. If Ulloa is no. 1, CMS, no.2, it'd have to be a striker who was happy being 3rd choice. WIth Bobby's wages he'd like be our top paid striker with the least likely chance of starting.

That and I sincerely doubt he even wants to come back...

That final point is a very valid one, l doubt he even wants to come back. I can remember him saying quite publically a year or two ago, that he wasn't really a 'football fan', and if it wasn't for the amount of money he earned from playing the game, he could quite easily do without it. That said, l wouldn't be too surprised to hear of his retirement in the near future.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That final point is a very valid one, l doubt he even wants to come back. I can remember him saying quite publically a year or two ago, that he wasn't really a 'football fan', and if it wasn't for the amount of money he earned from playing the game, he could quite easily do without it. That said, l wouldn't be too surprised to hear of his retirement in the near future.

Absolutely. I also know (via a conversation he had with my Mum of all people), that he is acutely aware of the level of expectation that would come with his return and the pressure he'd be under to reach the same levels he did in his first stint.

I just don't see where the plus points would be for him other than sentimentality and let's be honest, we're a very different club to the one he played for all those years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here