Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you’re visiting Turin, don’t stay here …..

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
8E887B15-FB48-4911-8F37-253574BE78A8.jpeg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know the hotel is an absolute shit-hole and the staff are all crap at their jobs, but nevertheless I have booked their magnificent new penthouse suite for a week in 3 years time.

Admittedly it's not actually built yet but it definitely will be by then. The owner has promised that the money is all ringfenced and everything.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There used to be a splendid pub in Bath called the Crystal Palace. Went there before quite a few away matches.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Funnily enough, I did visit Turin as a 'football tourist' in 2000/1 season, near the end of the season when Juve were going for the title

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE

Bought tickets off a tout for £40 outside the ground, McDonalds for lunch (!!!!) and spent the whole game transfixed with the football, the atmosphere, the flags and flares. They played Parma, whose fans literally spent the whole game throwing flares at the Juve fans!!! Del Piero scored near the end and the place went mad (even me in my Albion cap!!)

Anyone who has the opportunity to watch live football abroad...take it.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I sometimes walk past the long gone Crystal Palace pub in Tunbridge Wells. The building is now derelict but a definite improvement on when it was open.
I felt dirty when I watched a saturday lunchtime game in there years ago - didn't feel right!!! All the blokes in there that day were Chelsea fans

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Funnily enough, I did visit Turin as a 'football tourist' in 2000/1 season, near the end of the season when Juve were going for the title

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE

Bought tickets off a tout for £40 outside the ground, McDonalds for lunch (!!!!) and spent the whole game transfixed with the football, the atmosphere, the flags and flares. They played Parma, whose fans literally spent the whole game throwing flares at the Juve fans!!! Del Piero scored near the end and the place went mad (even me in my Albion cap!!)

Anyone who has the opportunity to watch live football abroad...take it.
I went last night - Juve 4 Sampdoria 2.

The inside of the new stadium is amazing, but there is a lot of wasted space outside I thought.

Jul 7, 2003
I think our glorious leader @Bozza will have eaten at this place in the past

CP Restaurant.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There used to be a splendid pub in Bath called the Crystal Palace. Went there before quite a few away matches.
I used to inspect it for the Brewery, indeed a great pub.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I sometimes walk past the long gone Crystal Palace pub in Tunbridge Wells. The building is now derelict but a definite improvement on when it was open.
Crystal-PalaceJPG.jpg

In keeping with their ground

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They appear to have missed the H out of Crystal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I went last night - Juve 4 Sampdoria 2.

The inside of the new stadium is amazing, but there is a lot of wasted space outside I thought.
The same could be said of the Amex could it not? Hopefully when and if this much vaunted Fanszone gets constructed, that will be put right.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There is also a Crystal Palace hotel in Skala, Kefalonia, somewhere l regularly go to for summer holidays, Skala that is, l certainly wouldn't spend time in the aforementioned hotel of ill repute.

On a seperate note the original Crystal Palace was by all accounts a most magnificent building, such a shame it was destroyed by fire in 1936.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just been on Tripadvisor, trying to find something mildly amusing to say about the Crystal Palace Hotel, Turin. Just for shits and giggles, like. Imagine my surprise dear reader, when this popped up near the top of my search results. One of the top hotels in London apparently :ohmy:

Screenshot_20230313_143607_Tripadvisor.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

el punal

Just been on Tripadvisor, trying to find something mildly amusing to say about the Crystal Palace Hotel, Turin. Just for shits and giggles, like. Imagine my surprise dear reader, when this popped up near the top of my search results. One of the top hotels in London apparently :ohmy:

View attachment 158277
At long last, they’ve built their main stand! :clap:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

View attachment 158277
That's photo 2/44

Your-idyllic-Suffolk-cottage-holiday.jpg

Photo 1/44

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here