Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Such an encouraging thread to read [emoji106] easy to forget most of NSC are behind Blooms vision and manager, just the small Potter outters who shout the loudest.
Definitely an interesting read! Out of curiosity vaga, what would it take for you to change your mind?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You can't be enjoying watching us play in the final third, surely? When the rubber hits the road we look fairly clueless and often send the ball back to Dunk or Webster to start all over again.

I’d argue being in the final third regularly full stop is progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the OP for coming up with a thread without anyone slagging anyone else off :)

I've switched from out to fence to in, on the basis that recent errors from the players have convinced me he didnt coach the players for their mistakes. However, i did correcty predict Maupay, Bissouma and Trossard all missing their penalties against Newport so he needs to show a bit of leadership and make the decision about who should be our main penalty taker - and HINT - Its not Maupay!.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Apart from giving it a go against the top sides in the league what exactly have we accomplished under GP? 2 wins in half a season if that’s enjoyable for some of you then fair enough each to their own. It’s quite obvious the final third needs work yet game after game we don’t improve in that area, Percy Tau is literally our last hope.

Nothing like putting pressure on a player!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lose to Leeds and Fulham, and I think NSC will be a majority Potter out.

You’d have to say we’d be unlikely to stay up, based on genuinely attainable points.

But I’ll probably stick to my lone theory, that recruitment faux pas’s, a lack of a CF and a decent LB have been our undoing. 4 seasons operating under a policy decision of a bottom 6 budget and just £1m spent last summer, leave us where we deserve to be. TB’s call, TB’s punt. CH then GP have had to operate at that level and it shows.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we beat Leeds who to be honest I’d put above Palace in the detest list for this season at least and I might just vote Potter in for the first time in months tomorrow evening.

I’d still think he should go though looking at the bigger picture.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am probably fence to in at the moment. I still believe that this project can come good.

I think the thing that will swing it for me will be when I hear a better plan or project for taking the club forward.

I guess the reality of this is that, this time will be when he is replaced. I have enough Trust in Bloom et al to make the right decision to be happy with this.

The old adage of not stressing about things you can't control seems relevant here.

More than a change of management I would like to see the club improve on set pieces (both attacking and defending) and improve on attacking plays, specifically free up our dangerouns forwards (Trossard, Mac Allister and now Tau) to be more direct and more dangerous.

I thought this article on Trossard was interesting - https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...l2jl78Jsnw8Y6f0HefWAfx4NHb0BQE2QhSjx8JB0ZBFDU

Is this stuff being coached out of them or is it more a confidence thing?

D

Deleted member 2719

Congrats to the OP for coming up with a thread without anyone slagging anyone else off :)

I've switched from out to fence to in, on the basis that recent errors from the players have convinced me he didnt coach the players for their mistakes. However, i did correcty predict Maupay, Bissouma and Trossard all missing their penalties against Newport so he needs to show a bit of leadership and make the decision about who should be our main penalty taker - and HINT - Its not Maupay!.
I admire your flexibility in changing your decision, but did you really predict Biss, missing a pen.:ohmy:

I agree with you on Maupay and the unpredictable Trossard.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The thing with any project is a detailed plan needs to be thought out and planned carefully then shared with all involved before asking everyone to work to the new brief. We seem to have a number of players who are aware of the passing style but haven't grasped the finer details of exploiting opportunities and the decision making meaning we are regularly 'unlucky' with results. This leads to Potter making changes to personel, tactics or even shuffling players positions around across the pitch in an attempt to make things 'work'

I'd like to see a settled side and formation for a few games and give players a chance to build relationships and understanding with those around them. Most managers who go on to achieve great things at a club have a rocky period in the first 2 seasons and as long as the overall goal is being worked towards then I'm still Potter In

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Such an encouraging thread to read [emoji106] easy to forget most of NSC are behind Blooms vision and manager, just the small Potter outters who shout the loudest.

This is unnecessarily confrontational. People are entitled to an opinion, and from reading the Out to In thread it seems apparent almost everyone on there is primarily concerned about results. That doesn’t make them any more right or wrong than the people you’re highlighting on here, especially given “Bloom’s vision” is heavily dependent on remaining a Premier League team.

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
I am a Potter fan but I would be very upset if we lose both of these games. However, I'd not want Potter out until, as others have suggested, we see one or more of the following:

1. We are outside the playoffs in December 2021
2. This season we see signs Potter has lost the dressing room (multiple players not putting in a shift and not looking like they care; leaked reports in the media from unnamed players that Potter is a clueless gimp, etc.)
3. This season we see reversion to 110% full Hughton, with the up and down the sides and round the back dance, heavy defeats to lesser sides, rinse and repeat.
4. Tony just sacks him, in which case I won't even blink, because Tony knows best.

Can't think of anything else remotely plausible,

So, just checking, you are currently Potter In then?

Yep, on thin ice though.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
I find it hard to defend him. The statistics say it all. It's not good enough it amazes me how people can defend him. Having said that I would so much like to be proven wrong but the sceptics I fear will be proven right unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here