Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you won the lotto, would the Albion see any?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Come on Lord B, you can do better than that. As well verging worryingly towards the mildly pompous, you haven't answered the question as to what you'd do. And at least people are being honest about what they'd do rather than just go for the cheap, point-scoring, currying-favour option of 'Yeah, I'd give it all to the Albion.' Which they wouldn't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I certainly would, but never thought about how much and what I'd want out of it.

Mind you, that's because I've never done the lottery so don't have much chance of winning it:)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£20m... mmm

OK interest on £20m @ 5% = £1m

that's £500k a year for me 'cos I would struggle to spend or give away more than that without a ridiculous change in my lifestyle.

that leaves £500k a year for the Albion - would help a bit, but again not make a huge difference - but at least it would be sustainable. I wouldn't want a seat on the board - that's more hassle and commitment than I could imagine, but it would be nice to be in touch with the 'inner circle' occasionally - not with any control, just interested and willing to offer a different perspective if asked.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I bung in a couple of mil for players & the enquiry.

I'd need to make sure the money was spent correctly & not used to cover debts. or pay the leccy bill etc.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Now that I've thought about it more, I wouldn't give the club a straight out cash donation if I'd won Lotto. I would find out what player Steve Coppell wants and give him the funds to sign him then. Much like Fat Boy Slim did to keep Bobby Zamora last year. That will ensure the money goes towards strengthening the squad, not somewhere else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you lot settle for me buying a player the manager wants, paying his wages and any future transfer money being paid back to me?

The club then gets a good/crap player for free and I take all the risks and have some sort of control over how it's spent.

I reckon I would welcome that sort of investment from a fan.

There must be some downsides, but I can't think of any.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
If I won 20 milllion on Satdi, I'd cover the Falmer application first of all. Not sure about the rest - I doubt I'd give money for players as that's a bottomless pit, but getting things such as the new ground sorted and suchlike will have lasting benifits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, a fixed sum like FBS. I wouldn't want the crap of people turning on me or joining a board. One of the reasons I've always supported DK is he's been prepared to do that and take both flack and glory.

Not till I'd sorted myself out with a house in Kirribilli, Sydney, a full sized snooker table and the worlds largest wine and record collection mind.

Been away from the board for a coupla days, so catching up !

I'd put some down for the youth development and see if we could get a proper academy with some top class facilities for the youngsters. You'd get more VFM than laying it out on some player who'll be gone in a coupla years.

:wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On a £20m win I would give £15m to the club, but would rather it be spent on the long term future rather than on players. Remember that Man Ure lost £14m on a single player (Veron) so cash can be easily squandered. With Falmer in place and generating money on a week by week basis then the rest should follow.

You can't build a house without proper foundations, remember the story of the 3 little pigs:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here