Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were the chairman

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sodexo operate mostly in firms canteens or hospitals where the customers have no choice

I know no-one will believe this, but as a regular inmate at RSCH, given the constraints that they work within, the Sodexo staff there are very good. Getting very O/T here so sorry, but I can grab one of them at any time of the day if I need food, and they will go and get me something. I returned to my bed the other day, middle of the afternoon, so nowhere near a mealtime, said I was hungry - the Sodexo guy asked what I would like. I said I would love an omelette and within 10 minutes I had a plate of cheese omelette, fried potatoes and beans. Shame this same level of service is not seen at the Amex. They are also all exceptionally polite, even if most of them are not native British.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know no-one will believe this, but as a regular inmate at RSCH, given the constraints that they work within, the Sodexo staff there are very good. Getting very O/T here so sorry, but I can grab one of them at any time of the day if I need food, and they will go and get me something. I returned to my bed the other day, middle of the afternoon, so nowhere near a mealtime, said I was hungry - the Sodexo guy asked what I would like. I said I would love an omelette and within 10 minutes I had a plate of cheese omelette, fried potatoes and beans. Shame this same level of service is not seen at the Amex. They are also all exceptionally polite, even if most of them are not native British.

I wouldnt argue with that but think they should stick with what they know and can do well and leave football clubs alone if our experience is anything to go by.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Interesting, other than the Uni element, why would anyone want to be located next to a football ground and railway line? Its hardly high end.

Surely tourists want to be in the City Centre?

I'm sure you are right and I am wrong, but I don't see it as you've described it. As I say its probably me not seeing the bigger picture.

It'll be the sort of place used for business conferences during the week and as a wedding venue at the weekend. Both a licence to print money.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I wouldnt argue with that but think they should stick with what they know and can do well and leave football clubs alone if our experience is anything to go by.

May be wrong but don't they have experience of other football clubs.

At least, any company ought to be able to adapt to the circumstances. They ought to be able to provide the level of sevice of the staff that I've seen at RSCH, but in a different context. An NHS contract will be to provide food at a certain fixed spend per head, per day which we all know is very little. In a stadium context, the people are paying, a profit being made and the fare should be proportionately better. No real excuses.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Rail seats are legal in FL and you can fold them up for PL and concerts...

So you'd spend a few million ripping out the seats to replace them with rail seats that people will only be allowed to sit on during games.

Good job Chairman....

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
So you'd spend a few million ripping out the seats to replace them with rail seats that people will only be allowed to sit on during games.

Good job Chairman....

Assuming that 1) we get promoted 2) the PL hasn't changed its position by then

and yes I would spend that much tbh you can't imagine the atmosphere we'd get if we had safe standing. The amex has great acoustics and we need to do it justice and get behind the team.
IMHO having a massively increased atmosphere would be like a good signing. It really pushes on the side.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It'll be the sort of place used for business conferences during the week and as a wedding venue at the weekend. Both a licence to print money.

But where does that leave The Amex then as a conference venue, surely one should complement the other.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I know exactly what I'd do. I'd stop trying to increase my wealth, thereby easing my outlook and concern over bad business propositions.
I'd then upgrade my lifestyle from 'Economy Hedonism' to the 'Five Star Premium' grade, give loads away, and generally have a ball.
I'd give automatic matchday free Pie 'n' Pint to all season holders. I'd also probably bung a few quid to dodgy referees. :whistle:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would have more stalls outside the ground selling food football badges scarfs flags to take away the sterile approach to the ground I used love walking to the goldstone in 1970 you would find on the corner of goldstone lane some street sellers. I used to love the street atmosphere as you approached grounds in London always a buzz. The smell onions from the hot dog stalls.

I believe that there is good news coming your way, in the near future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here