Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered 4th bottom now would you accept it?

Would you accept 4th bottom is you were offered it now?

• Yes

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's do a Stoke, end 4th from bottom in the first season then half way in the second season.

I don't care where we finish as long as we don't go down.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
face it we aint gonna go up, so 4th from bottom is as good as anywhere else

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
securing it with how many games to go ?

i just wanna stay up and not get as many heart attacks as this season

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's not lose the first 12 games and give the other teams a 36 point head start.

We went down by just 4 points last time, I'm sure with a better manager we might *just* have got 5 points from 36.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
perth seagull said:
I'll be happy to finish 4th from bottom in Div 1 every year until Falmer is built.

See what you are saying, but would like to be a mid table or better team by then. That why we will be able to attract the better playerswhen we are getting the money from the larger crowds, rather then waiting a few seasons.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Would settle for 4th from bottom right now, as long as it does not go to the last game of the season. Dont think the ticker could stand another end like the last couple of seasons

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Of course I will, bit of a daft question really, going back to Cardiff/Wembley every other year could become a bit repetitive.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Happily take 4th from bottom if offered now - it guarantees 2 games against Palace the following season :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think we have to be realistic and face the fact that we've got no money and until Falmer comes to fruition and we can raise our income we're going to struggle against teams that are being paid £5 million a season parachute payments from the premiership.
As long as its not bottom 3 I'm happy.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Rangdo said:
I think we have to be realistic and face the fact that we've got no money and until Falmer comes to fruition and we can raise our income we're going to struggle against teams that are being paid £5 million a season parachute payments from the premiership.
As long as its not bottom 3 I'm happy.
Agreed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Definitely not - we can do better if we are organised from the start.

And the good news is it looks like we will be.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would take it but we have the players to do better than that. Some of the performances last time round in the first showed that we could be a mid table side and with a couple of signings this summer I think that is where we *could* finish.

Lord Bracknell said:
No.

And it's disappointing to see the number of people who seem to have no ambition for the Club.

imo

Lets not try and run before we can walk. In most cases it's been proved survive the first season and it gives you the platform to build.

A years Div 1 experience for all the players knowing you wouldn't get relegated is not lacking ambition. Also coupled with a Falmer yes vote it would make next season better than anything we've done up till now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here