[Albion] If you were Graham Potter and you were offered the Chelsea job would you take it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were Graham Potter and you were offered the Chelsea job would you take it?

• Yes, all day long

Votes: 131 35.9%
  • No, I'm staying put for now

Votes: 234 64.1%

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No, a devil of a club and no amount of money would make me leave the Albion... but then again, it's a flawed argument when you consider the passion we all share.

If however, I wasn't an Albion fan and I backed myself to succeed as GP surely does... and I had certain guarantees... well, who am I to say I'd stay... ?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Me personally, if it were Arsenal or suchlike that will (generally speaking) stick with a manager and give them time, then yes/maybe.

But Chelsea have shown they will sack on a whim, so he could go and be sacked by xmas if doesn't get a good run of results....

But, I suppose how big a pay check they offer and if Potter wants to be a PL manager a long time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably yes. Potter's next step up is clearly a top six club. However I suspect he would want a more stable environment than Chelsea but will one become available any time soon?

He will never get offered Liverpool or Man City. Man Utd is high risk and unlikely to be available for some time

For me Arsenal or Spurs fit better for him. Maybe he wait for one of them to come up but could be 2/3 years away?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wouldn't. I've turned down a job before that offered more money but I thought it was a really flaky company (and I was right).

Chelsea seems a bit of a mess right now and I'm not sure it would be the place to go. He's still relatively young and if he continues to do well, there'll be other jobs (and, if he doesn't, he's on a long contract)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would like to think it is a bloody tough decision for GP rather than sitting by the phone waiting.
I wouldn't get near that job, the new chairman obviously wants instant success.

boik

No. he's wise enough to know that he won't get a chance to get things in place before he's sacked. Can you imagine Chelsea sticking by him after a 6 match losing streak. He'll want to go to somewhere more stable but with champions league. He knows he'll get other chances unless things go terribly at Brighton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so much is made of the psychology in Potterball, i dont think he'd go to such an erratic and schizophrenic club. if it were Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, yes, Chelsea, Spurs or Man U would be less desirable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I said yes, but was probably a bit hasty. With Chelsea he'll be paid more and has the chance to win trophies. With us, he's still paid very well, has his feet under the table, like the organisation, and his motivation is surely to win our first ever major trophy. You'd think most would go for the former but it's not cut and dried and is a very personal decision.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would have been on the fence with this one.

But there's too many journalists that seem to know that potty is already being lined up and there's no way Chelsea would have done that without getting the green light from potters team.

Yes is the answer. I pray I'm wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not and never have been a money grabbing ******* and I hate Chelsea

I'm staying

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The structure at Chelsea is the biggest problem.

He would be walking into something which is unknown and could look very different in 6 months when they appoint a technical director.

He may figure that’s too much of a risk at this time… and if he continues doing what he is doing he will get another crack at a top 6 job where the variables are a bit more known.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would have been on the fence with this one.

But there's too many journalists that seem to know that potty is already being lined up and there's no way they would have done that without getting the green light from potters team.

Yes is the answer. I pray I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You think these guys wait for approval before saying anything?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I had any ambition to manage at the highest level I would have to take it!

Only because you don't believe in yourself!

He will be offered every top six job going as it becomes available if he stays

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wouldn't. I've turned down a job before that offered more money but I thought it was a really flaky company (and I was right).

Chelsea seems a bit of a mess right now and I'm not sure it would be the place to go. He's still relatively young and if he continues to do well, there'll be other jobs (and, if he doesn't, he's on a long contract)

Only if he was motivated by money. They are a car crash at the moment. Spend £200 million on players and sack the coach after 7 games.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
No. But then I would say that, wouldn't I? Seriously, apart from an enormous pay rise and being at a "glamour" club, I think if he thinks it through well (I'm sure he will by the way) he'll maybe want to bide his time for a frankly nicer "glamour" club, with less nobby fans and more level headed owners. If he doesn't set the world on fire in his first few weeks there, Chelsea owners would soon have him out the door. Hopefully he knows which side his bread is buttered and is happy to continue the project at Brighton for the time being.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry badly worded. I meant Chelsea getting the green light from potters team

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think they need it from Bloom, but yes if Bloom agrees then you have to assume that GP is interested :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports