Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were Chris Hughton.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wouldn't have Lua Lua any where near the team to be fair. He has been a fantastic servant to the club, but he just isn't up to it anymore.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I wouldn't have Lua Lua any where near the team to be fair. He has been a fantastic servant to the club, but he just isn't up to it anymore.

Nonsense.

He was the best player in the Championship at the start of the season. He was simply unstoppable. An injury and loss of form has put and end to his season..

Lets wait until he has another good pre season. The ability is there as we have all seen it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Very true granted only sub appearances but has been awful when he has come on and people are doubting starting Bong. I think depending on the results we could be coming to the end of Lua Lua playing for us. He now offers nothing but hope that he may produce the goods he was able to in the past but fails.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Without 2 key team members we're going to have to make some decisions that involve risk, as well as put together a gameplan that doesn't merely have us defend to the hilt. It'll be tense, whomsoever we select, but it is important we have an away goal or two in mind. That balance of attack and defense might have to come in the form of a 4-3-3, with Hemed joined side by side with Murphy and Knockaert, each responsible for being close enough to Tomer for him to know he's not alone. Without Stephens, it would maybe need to that switch around that people have mentioned, of Rosenior as one of the midfield 3 with Sidders and Kayal and Bong brought back in. This is one of the risks. You have to give him the chance if he's back and fit though, and Rosenior hasn't been flying forward with an artistic touch the last few games, so maybe Bong can bring us this strength in Dunk's absence.
So:

Stockers
Bruno
Goldson
Greer
Bong
Rosenior
Sidwell
Kayal
Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed

I can see Rosenior, in that attacking role, back to his best with Bruno behind him, swapping over whenever we're on the break.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nonsense.
F
He was the best player in the Championship at the start of the season. He was simply unstoppable. An injury and loss of form has put and end to his season..

Lets wait until he has another good pre season. The ability is there as we have all seen it.

So why if he has" lost form To end his season", do you think he deserves a place to come on, when jiri doesn't?

Rediculous

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So why if he has" lost form To end his season", do you think he deserves a place to come on, when jiri doesn't?

Rediculous

Where have i said he deserves a place in the team? Please enlighten me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IF you were CH for the next two games.
Who would you start with v Sheffield Weds?
Obviously no brainer Greer for Dunk!
Midfield: no Stephens, so KLL, Sidwell, Murphy, Knockhaert or Kayal!
Upfront: Wilson, Baldock or even Sidwell!

Knockaert OR Kayal?

Are you suffering from dementia?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nonsense.

Agree about the loss of form. Best not to be considered until next season then - if we haven't shipped him out over the summer.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm expecting:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Greer
Rosenior

Knockaert
Sidwell
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Bong, Towell, Skalak, LuaLua, Wilson.

Although I like the idea of Rosenior in at right midfield with Bong in at left back.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Ask any striker if he practices shooting?.....totally disagree......yes you cannot factor in pressure,you can always practice what you may be required to do and that is also on occasion take a penalty.

There's literally hundreds of different types of shot a striker can take. Of course they practice shooting.

Hitting a ball of a penalty spot is the easiest skill in football.

But the hardest to do well under extreme pressure.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd stamp my feet blubbing like a baby screaming snot fair!!

Luckily I'm not CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here