Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you was to get promoted

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
How many of your current players do you think could make the step up?

Looked at a match report for one of our games the year we went up at the start of the season and only 4 of our players are still regulars today.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bridcutt, Buckley, Bruno, Bridge and Kuszczak.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Bridcutt, Buckley, Bruno, Crofts, Bridge, Kuszczak... El Abd and CMS probably

On paper Lopez but we haven't really seen him yet.

Maybe I'm being too generous, I dunno

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its all guesswork, but I'd say:

Potential premier league starters:

Kusczcak
Bridcutt
Buckley
CMS
Bruno
Bridge (loanee though)
Vicente
Lopez (on pedigree - not actually SEEN him yet)

A good few of the otheres are good enough to be squad players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
More contention

Defo - Kooshack, Bridge, (1 year) Bruno, (1 year) Bridcutt, Harley :rolleyes: CMS

Maybe Buckley, KLL, Greer

No Idea Dobbie, Lopez

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
How many of your current players do you think could make the step up?

Looked at a match report for one of our games the year we went up at the start of the season and only 4 of our players are still regulars today.

I think you mean... If you WERE to get promoted :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
More contention

Defo - Kooshack, Bridge, (1 year) Bruno, (1 year) Bridcutt, Harley :rolleyes: CMS

Maybe Buckley, KLL, Greer

No Idea Dobbie, Lopez

Maybe Buckley, have you been to a game in the last two years when he has played?

easily one of our best players and i think he will make the step up if the time comes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes
Kuszczak, Bridge, Crofts, Bruno are almost certain, given their experience.
Lualua has some experience with Newcastle, albeit end of season nothing to play for games and cup games.
Lopez - Not seen enough of him yet
Orlandi - Not seen enough of him yet
Mackail-Smith (is finding his grove in our team this season, could be good, but the step up to the championship has proven a struggle, twice, how would the step up to the prem work?)
Vicente - but age and injuries an issue
Bridcutt - let go by chelsea before making any appearances, but has shown quality in both league one and championship.
Buckley - His pace and skill has helped him score v newcastle, and is still young, so will only be better with another year under his belt.

Maybe
Greer (in his thirties, probably would have been there by now, but I think he's probably good enough)
Hammond (if he was good enough for the pre, why di southampton let him go?)
Dunk (young, but has shown potential)
El Abd (wouldn't have expected him to do as well as he has until Gus came in, is the prem too far?)
Barnes (is better than often given credit for, but not quite as good as some say in response to unfair criticisms - is young, and does what Gus wants, could be a squad player for us)
Dobbie (like with Hammond out on loan when his team reached the prem, but not seen enough of him yet)
Calderon (struggling to get in a championship team is not a good sign.
Dicker (like barnes, better than his detractors say, could be a good squad player)

No
Brezovan
Ankergren
Harley (based on what I've seen of him, though who knows, perhaps he just needs a run to find form)
Painter

These are too young and inexperienced at the moment
Agdestein
Kasim
Barker
Sampayo
Forster-Caskey
Oatway
Dickenson

Last edited:

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Dobbie didn't seem like he could make the step up with us, he thought he had more time than he actually did and lost the ball a lot when he played in the PL for us.

Orlandi could do a job but would be more of a squad player, given your style though it would enhance his overall performances though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here