Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you want to stay in the Premier in your first few seasons

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its amazing how his fortunes changed from those 2 championship seasons and comfortable safety in the PL first season with essentially a championship squad, and then the poor 2nd half of the next season and disastrous spell at Forest, compounded by their miraculous recovery and promotion.

Wish him all the best though, and hope he learns from his mistakes if he gets another high profile job.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When we got promoted, someone here posted a video of his speech to the backroom team at the club. One of the most true and best things I have ever seen and something that should be shown to all managers (in whatever organisation) to train them in how to comport yourself like a gentleman.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't get ideas above your station
Stick with the guys who are proven and got you there
Make Pascal Gross your first signing

Thanks Mate

View attachment 150804

There's a lot to be said for getting brilliant people in the right order [emoji106]
These are a good advice [emoji106]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A gent whose brand of football you wouldn't or couldn't watch......

Nicely landed below the belt. Notice I didn’t mention the second PL season, especially the last few months, why would I? What went before was special and I thought this thread was in praise of CH. if you didn’t notice the change more fool you.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
History being rewritten somewhat there? Yes, some games were nothing special, as you'd expect over four and a hlf seasons, but we played some fantastic stuff in the Championship and the PL wins home and away against West Ham and at home to Arsenal and Manchester United were fantastic. And have any of Potter's games in charge seen a goal as exquisite as Izquierdo's at Stoke?

Oh l don't know, the brand he played in our Championship days was some of the most exciting l've ever seen the Albion play.

Maybe it wasn't Chris who returned to manage us in the Premier League, but his identical twin, negative Nigel Hughton.

I was replying directly to Icy who is on record here saying he couldn't watch Hughton's football. I agree with you two.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Its amazing how his fortunes changed from those 2 championship seasons and comfortable safety in the PL first season with essentially a championship squad, and then the poor 2nd half of the next season and disastrous spell at Forest, compounded by their miraculous recovery and promotion.

Wish him all the best though, and hope he learns from his mistakes if he gets another high profile job.

It didn't end well, but it wasn't a complete disaster at Forest: remember they had nul points when he took over. He kept them in the Championship, although, granted, they were not spectacular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here