Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you threw the bottle that hit the little kid at the front of the north

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
Sorry [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION], I've had a bad day. :facepalm:

e4c1e85d7bbb45db637f2f39046564c6.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kid getting hit on the head by a full bottle of coke is not something to laugh about. Some of the posts on this thread are a disgrace.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Love how many are using this incident to have a joke and a laugh.

Anyone know if the little kid is ok?

As the OP said - lengthy ban needed for the idiot that thought it was to throw it!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I hate to break this to you, but we are no longer in the hooliganism era that darts were thrown at the Goldstone & saw England banned from international football. If you want to let people know where you sit for the next game we can aim bottles at you so you can demonstrate to the kid how to 'toughen up'. Go and bounce (some more) what were optimistic threads to prove that you're a miserable t**t that revels in anything negative about the team or supporters. :facepalm:

I think he may have been joking (For "may" read "was")

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Is it me or has throwing things from the stands become a “thing” recently. Leeds fans at Man Utd players. Man Utd fans at Simeone last night. This. What is wrong with these morons?

I agree. Why aren't we seeing photos in papers "do you know this man", court cases, criminal convictions, 3-year bans from all football, and life bans from their own clubs? It must be pretty easy to spot these people, and if they were to get all the negative publicity, then at least some of the copycats would realise that it wasn't worth doing. As it is, the impression is that no-one is bothered in a practical way and the stupid and malicious morons keep doing it.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Jokes aside I saw it happen and it was a ****ing shitty thing to do which I'm still angry about today.

The coke bottle got thrown from someone up at the back of the NW corner just after the final whistle as blown and people started down the stairs. I suspect the intention was for the bottle to land on the pitch but it hit a young lad (I'd guess about 10) who was standing by the pitch barrier clapping the team off with his dad. The bottle hit him square in the back of the head covering him and his dad in coke.

I genuinely hope someone at the club is reading this, finds the boy and can do something to make up for it. I'd hate for a young fan to be put off going to see the Albion because of the actions of some bell end. I also hope the club do everything in their power to find and ensure the person who threw the bottle never sets foot in the ground again. It was one of those occasions where I was embarrassed to be a football fan.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Jokes aside I saw it happen and it was a ****ing shitty thing to do which I'm still angry about today.

The coke bottle got thrown from someone up at the back of the NW corner just after the final whistle as blown and people started down the stairs. I suspect the intention was for the bottle to land on the pitch but it hit a young lad (I'd guess about 10) who was standing by the pitch barrier clapping the team off with his dad. The bottle hit him square in the back of the head covering him and his dad in coke.

I genuinely hope someone at the club is reading this, finds the boy and can do something to make up for it. I'd hate for a young fan to be put off going to see the Albion because of the actions of some bell end. I also hope the club do everything in their power to find and ensure the person who threw the bottle never sets foot in the ground again. It was one of those occasions where I was embarrassed to be a football fan.

100% Agree. The young lad was clapping the team off and some **** goes and does that. Your final line sums it up perfectly.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A c'untish thing to do.

Shouldn't ban them though, they need to be punished not rewarded.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Very well said ... I honestly can't believe so many on here have made light of the incident ... trying to be clever with their 'jokes'!

Or maybe I can believe it ...

And just imagine if that bottle still had its top on and the increased chance of a more serious injury to the young lad!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A c'untish thing to do.

Shouldn't ban them though, they need to be punished not rewarded.

Actually, that joke was funny.

But I echo sentiment. Lobbing a bottle that far has the capacity to do damage and would have hurt the kid. Unnacceptable.

The majority, overwhelming, don't want to see this. However much it happened in 'our' day doesn't make it acceptable.

We are folk watching a football match. We are not baboons.

Scrap the last sentence for some.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m not inclined to be so generous regarding the thrower’s motivation. Could easily have been anger at seeing people showing their appreciation for the team. Either way it needs nipping in the bud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here