Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you think Sunderland ticket prices are too high......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I too didn't realize the hike in prices will still go though.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Have bought my tciket and will attend but frankly £35 for a seat in WSL (if you include booking fee) is a complete and utter piss take .....

BrightonRocks

Jun 22, 2011
Like everyone else I think it's a bit steep but it's worth it to watch a premiership team. Would everyone be complaining if it was Liverpool or man u?? I want all season ticket holders to be there as when we played gillingham there was a bunch of numpties around me who didn't sing and were moaning all the time!! Come on you seagulls :)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I really don't know why some people are making such a big fuss about this, the club has offerred tickets at a set price, you either;
a) but the ticket at that price and attend the match, or
b) decide the price is beyound you and don't go.
Simple really!

The same argument would apply in any other instance; if you walked into Pizza Hut and said "how much is a large deep-pan meat feast" and they said £15 you have a choice, pay £15 and eat one or think it's too expensive and not have one! You wouldn't start a debate with the management of Pizza Hut to try explaining your logic that if they charged only £12 for the pizza they'd sell more of them :facepalm:

There is nothing more toe curling than people comparing people spending money on football with spending money on things like restaurants, CDs, theatre, pretty much anything else.

Do you buy a Pizza Hut season ticket (therefore committing a significant percentage of your income towards that company)?
Do you swear allegiance to Pizza Hut from a young age and generally stick to that allegiance for life?
Is the decision on where to buy a Pizza, where one could choose any chain or outlet available, in any way comparable to supporting a football team?

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
People are moaning at how expensive these tickets are compared to league games, why were you not celebrating how much cheaper the gillingham tickets were? If you go to both games it averages out to league game prices.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A stupid point to raise on Ask the Club (it's ask the club, not tell them to idiot). Plus no one can add a comment on Ask the Club anyway - so you won't get much support. Newbie fail on a major scale.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Thr pricing is wrong, my nephew bought a heap of his mates to that gillingham game and none of them will pay 28qd when they paid 17 before, yes its stronger opposition but 22-24qd would have been more acceptable, its sunderland not arsenal, man u or chelsea.

The shame about it is the discouragement to those new fans we had at the gillingham game now being priced out of the follow-up, thats a wasted opportunity for the club to get some more fans on board. ive got 2 kids so gillingham was 17 + 8 +8 so 33qd now this time round its 28 +14 +14 =56qd, too much split between two home games in a week, yes weve got sths so they are paid for monthly but its the cost of travel, food, drink x 3 in a week in conjunction with the higher tkct price thats stiff.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I think £50 for my lad and I to sit in our own seats is too high. Yes it's Sunderland, but it's only the second round and no guarantee that they will put a full team out. I expect to pay abit more for my football now we are in the Championship, but I think the club are exploiting those of us who have ST's in the more expensive parts of the ground. If I go, I won't be taking the lad and I'll probably try and get a seat somewhere else.

I won't be paying that and that's my choice, i'm not kicking off or making a big deal it's just one match too many and I can't afford it along with the wife n boy.

some of the comparisons on here are weak, i'm confident that we'll still make some 'big signings' even if I don't decide to pay my £30, the club isn't a charity case (we've been there and done that) as for Pizza Hut, if I find them too expensive, i'll get one from Dominoes or whatever, but in this case I wont be going to Smelhurst or Broadfield or wherever just because it's a fiver to get in.

As for petitioning 'Ask The Club' my understanding is (and I might be wrong) This is an unoffical forum and ATC operates on good will and does a good job IMO, I suggest it would be better to email the club than rant on here.

finally, I think the 'truth will out' If we get 20,000 the club was right, if it's nearer 10 then questions should be asked (could Sheffield Weds have done things better than closing 3 stands the other night?)

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think people are sneering because it is Sunderland. if it was a more glamourous team there would be leas opposition.

Remember the level of moaning that we, a third division team 'only' had Spurs as opponents to open at The Amex.

Irrespective of the price anyone who chooses to attend is still being subsidised by Tony Bloom. I did not see any moaning when he decided to spend £91m instead of £50m to bring the standards at the stadium far beyond our wildest dreams.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At these prices it's a good job Gus appears to be taking the League Cup seriously this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We gave Sunderland a good game in Portugal 13 months ago, leading for much of the game, so Bruce won't underestimating us by playing many reserves. I'm unhappy about the booking fee, but understand the pricing for this game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Irrespective of the price anyone who chooses to attend is still being subsidised by Tony Bloom.

What do you mean? How are we being subsidised by Bloom?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We gave Sunderland a good game in Portugal 13 months ago, leading for much of the game, so Bruce won't underestimating us by playing many reserves. I'm unhappy about the booking fee, but understand the pricing for this game.

I have never been happy with, understood, the booking fee. Everything we do directly with the club incurs some admin cost whether it's buying a pie, buying a program or buying a ticket. Why slap a charge on tickets alone?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
was going to go to this one as I thought it would be cheaper. I'm not a st holder and have a budget so will try to get tickets for a league game instead. £44 quid with my step son is just too much when we can watch a league game for the same money

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have never been happy with, understood, the booking fee. Everything we do directly with the club incurs some admin cost whether it's buying a pie, buying a program or buying a ticket. Why slap a charge on tickets alone?

I can understand it when paper tickets are involved as postage etc is factored in, but for sth it's just a case of uploading the game to our smart card.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i will buy my seat in the North, but its the new supporters that came against the Gills that I feel for that maybe wont come to this game, the club needs the new blood, they buy kit, T shirts, food, drink etc (Season ticket holders generally have the kit and add ons) and if we are pricing them out, the club will be the ones that lose in the long run. shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here