Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had to choose; 100 points or unbeaten at home?

100 points or unbeated at home?

• The big ton!

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Fortress Withdean

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I know that one is makes the other more likely, but if you had to choose? For me I would go for unbeaten at home as that means two good results against promotion rivals.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
100 mark, I'd love us to beat Saints and be winning on 89 minutes against Huddersfield and then for our players to abandon the match and do a lap of honour round the Withdean running track while the Huddersfield players are still playing and they score 2 quick goals and take the 3 points needed to take 2nd place.

I reckon we could do a deal with huddersfield that if we let them win against us this season they would let us win at their place next year in the Championship

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
100 points will be relevant and live in the record books. Withdean will soon no longer be our home, and will be history (and I for one will be glad to see that back of the shit-hole). I would like both, but 100 points would be a real statement for next year.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I agree with the 100 points being more historic, but I am not sure I can prefer either a)losing to SCC (I want it to be totally unambiguous that we were better than them this season) or b) a team doing the double over us (the lesser of 2 evils), so unbeaten at home it is for me...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I really think finishing our last season at Withdean undefeated would be VERY historic. A great way to end our time there.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
100 points will be relevant and live in the record books. Withdean will soon no longer be our home, and will be history (and I for one will be glad to see that back of the shit-hole). I would like both, but 100 points would be a real statement for next year.

Agreed, and for the same reasons I believe the title to be absolutely essential. That's as good as done now though, but champions is totally where it's at. Have we ever got 100 points before?

Reckon we'll get both anyway though. :)

Agreed, and for the same reasons I believe the title to be absolutely essential. That's as good as done now though, but champions is totally where it's at. Have we ever got 100 points before?

Reckon we'll get both anyway though. :)

No we have never done that before but remember it used to be 2 points for a win, not 3.

Not sure about win record or least matches lost though

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
Couldn't find our record points total but the FL points record is held by Reading:
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Points/0,,10794~634798,00.html
We have a maximum of 105 availiable which would be the second highest of all time...! We were unbeaten at home in the promotion season of 64/65 (w18 d5 L0) and only lost one in the promotion season 76/77(19/3/1) and out infamous near miss of 77/78 (W15/D5/L1), and also the 2001/02 (W17/D5/L1) Our record point haul at home was in title winning year of 2000/01 (W19/D2/L2 so 59 points) . So 2 wins for our best ever season at home, still fortress withdean for me (if I had to choose!)

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
100 points is more emphatic in my opinion. We have been unbeaten at home for a calendar year now and as long as it's Hudds we lose too, and not Saints, then I can cope without going unbeaten this season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't there a danger that there might be an element of pressure at The Amex if we end our final season at Withdean unbeaten.

I'm mindful that Arsenal have won f*** all since moving to the Emirates and Southampton's fortunes have dipped since they left The Dell, both of which were proper "fortresses". If we don't get a win in our first 3 or 4 matches at The Amex the players might develop a complex about the place.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
100 points
Beat Saints

accept a defeat to Hudders if that has them nip in above Southampton.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I understand that SCC's manager made some VERY arrogant comments after our match st Mary's, but I would still much rather have an away day there next year than a trip a big distance up North... I don't really care if it was Saints or Hudders (in fact i would rather it was Posh or MK, but the chance of them both going up is very very slim).

Isn't there a danger that there might be an element of pressure at The Amex if we end our final season at Withdean unbeaten.

I'm mindful that Arsenal have won f*** all since moving to the Emirates and Southampton's fortunes have dipped since they left The Dell, both of which were proper "fortresses". If we don't get a win in our first 3 or 4 matches at The Amex the players might develop a complex about the place.

That's them. We are The Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here