Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if you had a cheap holiday. in Tunisia today would you go?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There you have it, western culture has moved on a tad since those times of intolerance....... A lot has changed in 500 years don't you think?...... sadly these barbaric cultures that regularly keep producing these heinous atrocities for our delight and delectation, are exactly that, still 500 years of development behind the rest of us....ignorance and savagery dressed up as culture and belief.

It wouldn't happen in Germany.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Yep, I'd still go...**** em. Won't be dictated to by terrorists. Mind, I'm ex services, survived 2 wars...I'd take me chances.

Buddy of mine rode his motorbike from London to Banladesh couple of years ago without any aggro...even through the Khyber Pass when it was supposed to be closed cos it was so dangerous....and through Afghanistan...trip of a life time...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like that MSC cruises lost a few passengers in that attack. Reporting today that there were two ships in port and people were killed from both ships! Interviewed a guy on the Splendida now in Barca who said it had turned into a transport ship taking people home rather than on a cruise...seemly the atmosphere is dreadful on there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Went to Jasmine Hammamet 3 or 4 years ago, all inclusive. Resort was fine, lovely beach, hotel was great (a Riu), weather superb. I'd go again.
So you didn't venture outside the resort to get a feel of the real Tunisia?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Went quad-biking and stargazing in the desert, which was fantastic.

Other than that, it was mainly about the beach, the sunlounger and the pool bar. Lovely.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep i did, (in between the GF and most of the hotel being bedridden with the trots and sweats) but things may have changed since the 80's perhaps.
Went on some day trips, was continuously hassled by traders. Even at a stop off to the desert to eat we had a few pressed up against the window trying to off load goat rugs, right through the whole meal. Went to the local market and got hassled in amongst the smelly hanging meat....beggars at every turn.
Still it is probably much better now, still think i'll give it a miss though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My nan went and got robbed = no chance

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep i did, (in between the GF and most of the hotel being bedridden with the trots and sweats) but things may have changed since the 80's perhaps.
Went on some day trips, was continuously hassled by traders. Even at a stop off to the desert to eat we had a few pressed up against the window trying to off load goat rugs, right through the whole meal. Went to the local market and got hassled in amongst the smelly hanging meat....beggars at every turn.
Still it is probably much better now, still think i'll give it a miss though.

This was exactly our experience in the 80s, plus both getting stung by jellyfish, and badly sunburnt when the temp got to about 44 degrees. Hassled all the time, terrible food, awful hotel entertainment and the trips away from the resort were nothing much. I'd go back to see how things have changed but the Mrs won't !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This was exactly our experience in the 80s, plus both getting stung by jellyfish, and badly sunburnt when the temp got to about 44 degrees. Hassled all the time, terrible food, awful hotel entertainment and the trips away from the resort were nothing much. I'd go back to see how things have changed but the Mrs won't !

Once bitten eh........sorry, get my coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here