my kids found this beast in the local woods this afternoon

p1010420xg2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scary or what?:sick:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Not quite,its an American Signal Crayfish.

an evil looking beastie

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like a LOBSTER
You should boil the bastard and have it for your tea. I cuffing LOVE lobster

:drool:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Looks like a LOBSTER
You should boil the bastard and have it for your tea. I cuffing LOVE lobster

:drool:

Its been boiled, but there is no way I am going to eat it, I know where it was found, when I say local wood, its more like the local dog toilet.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
they are killing all the crayfish from the UK allegedly, and there are hundreds of em.....its true....seen it on UK food channel!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So, what have the Americans given us?...MacDonalds, grey squirrels and that sodding crayfish...none of which can be considered to have improved our country or way of life...what did we give them?... John Lennon and they bloody killed him!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
next time you are next to river keep an eye out for wires or strings tied off on the bank. if ya pull this in there will more than likely be a pot on the end full of these buggers. they are considered a major pest. i remember about 2 year ago pulling a load out near brize norton, oxfordshire. must have been 20 in each pot.

Its been boiled, but there is no way I am going to eat it, I know where it was found, when I say local wood, its more like the local dog toilet.

Er..... excuse the question here, but.... why BOIL the thing that you are no-way going to eat?
Isn't that a bit like incinerating ants under a magnifying glass, just to watch them sizzle?

Where's this going to lead, Hef? - you'll be killing brazzers next, but omitting to SHAG them first (cue Twilight-Zone music, as my avid readers suddenly get to worry about where I'm 'coming from' with this statement)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
they are killing all the crayfish from the UK allegedly, and there are hundreds of em.....its true....seen it on UK food channel!

And they're affecting the fish stocks by eating large quantities of fish eggs and tiny fish.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Er..... excuse the question here, but.... why BOIL the thing that you are no-way going to eat?
Isn't that a bit like incinerating ants under a magnifying glass, just to watch them sizzle?

Where's this going to lead, Hef? - you'll be killing brazzers next, but omitting to SHAG them first (cue Twilight-Zone music, as my avid readers suddenly get to worry about where I'm 'coming from' with this statement)

You need a licence to keep the buggers (and I don't think they make good pets) and it illegal to realease them in to the wild, so it was a choice of boil it or freeze it. I chose the quick option.

and I have never incinerated an ant under a magnifying glass (They move too quick)???

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports