Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if you didn't bet for England win against urgay then you are a right donkeys anus...!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A lot of people on here aren't as good at Latin as they think they are. The plural of anus is ani. There's no logic to making it ii.

Ok. Our posts were joking about in a latiny bantery anal way.
Anii is not the plural. You are correct. However, ani is not the plural either. It is the singular locative. The plural is anus. i was referring to the latin for an old hag (anus) a fourth declension noun and not bottom ring (anus) a second declension noun. The crone, or old hag was the owner of the asses or donkeys.

Thankyou nevertheless for pointing out how to decline my anus.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Ok. Our posts were joking about in a latiny bantery anal way.
Anii is not the plural. You are correct. However, ani is not the plural either. It is the singular locative. The plural is anus. i was referring to the latin for an old hag (anus) a fourth declension noun and not bottom ring (anus) a second declension noun. The crone, or old hag was the owner of the asses or donkeys.

Thankyou nevertheless for pointing out how to decline my anus.

So you admit you were wrong but you were suggesting the poster was talking about shoving something up the old hag of a donkey? Riiiiight. Why not just admit you got it wrong? It's much more classy.

Since we both know what anus was being discussed, here is the declension for your future reference, with the first being the single, the second the plural:

Nominative anus ani
Genitive ani anōrum
Dative ano anis
Accusative anum anos
Ablative ano anis
Vocative ane ani

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Nominative anus ani
Genitive ani anōrum
Dative ano anis
Accusative anum anos
Ablative ano anis
Vocative ane ani

At school, we were taught the declension of nouns in a different order: nominative, vocative, accusative, genitive, dative, ablative. Where did you get your ordering from? It's ruining my afternoon. ???

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
At school, we were taught the declension of nouns in a different order: nominative, vocative, accusative, genitive, dative, ablative. Where did you get your ordering from? It's ruining my afternoon. ???

Same here. I am just happy I can decline Juanalbion's anus this afternoon.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nominative anus ani
Genitive ani anōrum
Dative ano anis
Accusative anum anos
Ablative ano anis
Vocative ane ani

My old crone's anus is the fourth declension and using your case order plus the locative is:
Case Singular Plural
Nominative anus anus
Genitive anus anuum
Dative anui anibus
Accusative anum anus
Ablative anu anibus
Locative ani anubus
Vocative anus anus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here