Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] If you could 'reset' Britain, which historic point would you go back to?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This, I fecking hate the Normans and what they did to this country, the problems we still have today with patronage, inherited entitlement and land ownership etc can be traced back to 1066.
If I had a time machine (and a machine gun) I'd go back to the beaches of Pevensey and rip the feckers to shreds as they stepped off their boats. Try embroidering a 50-cal on your stupid tapestry you ****s.

Not so sure I like that idea, you would have killed my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandad Ralph de Pomeraie, from Falaise , I might not be here...

The Normans were ultimately tamed Vikings.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We were higher but fact remains our manufacturing hasn't disappeared as is the popular myth you seemed to suggest.

I was only basing it on little old Worthing, since I left school in 1980 a large number of factories have closed in the town, and with it hundreds possibly a thousand or so local jobs.

But nationally, we've lost much of our car industry, our motor bike industry which was once the envy of the world.

The 'rag trade' of which we were also the envy of the globe has gone.

In August 2009 a factory closed its doors in Swansea, it was the last factory in the UK that made televisions, even forgetting John Logie Baird, how is it possible that this country doesn't produce a 'affordable' product that almost every household in the UK has at least one in?

Literally talking hundreds of thousands of jobs.

I know wages and costs played a big part, but is there not then the argument that this country 'overpaid' itself for decades?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here