Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you could be AVOID the front row at any gig in history, which would it be?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1. The 1969 Rolling Stones gig at Altamont. Crowd 'management' by Hells Angels, resulting in a murder.

2. Any Duran Duran gig. Murder by talentless noise.

My ex wife was at the Altamont gig :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any Robbie Williams gig, TBH I wouldn't want to be in the back row either.

Ditto Cliff Richard.

I was at Elton John at Wembley early 70s and walked out.

I was at Golden Earring at the Dome, ditto and ditto.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Any Barry Manilow concert. I go as far to say I'd have a ticket in the row behind the back row!!

How dare you BESMIRCH the great man.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ditto Cliff Richard.

I was at Elton John at Wembley early 70s and walked out.

I was at Golden Earring at the Dome, ditto and ditto.

I received a text from my Mrs asking me if I wanted to go and see Gary Barlow at the Brighton Centre, some friends were going and asked if we wanted to go.
I honestly thought she had sent the message to the wrong person :eek:

My reply was a polite " What do you think? "

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Close call between 'Westlife' at the Brighton Centre and 'Eagles of Death Metal' at The Bataclan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I received a text from my Mrs asking me if I wanted to go and see Gary Barlow at the Brighton Centre, some friends were going and asked if we wanted to go.
I honestly thought she had sent the message to the wrong person :eek:

My reply was a polite " What do you think? "

You have reminded me of a time I was dragged off to watch Brian Adams at Wembley Arena by a former squeeze. After interminable Canadian gay cheese (allegedly) and a near loss of will to live, I was unchracteristically polite afterwards and said it had been an enjoyable evening. Lo and behold the daft bint thought I had liked it and bought us tickets for the return gig some months later :facepalm: Since then, if I think something stinks to high heaven I say so :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You have reminded me of a time I was dragged off to watch Brian Adams at Wembley Arena by a former squeeze. After interminable Canadian gay cheese (allegedly) and a near loss of will to live, I was unchracteristically polite afterwards and said it had been an enjoyable evening. Lo and behold the daft bint thought I had liked it and bought us tickets for the return gig some months later :facepalm: Since then, if I think something stinks to high heaven I say so :lolol:

:lolol:
Ha,ha Mrs BN9 is also a big fan of him, and no I've never been with her to see him.

An ex girlfriend told me she had bought me a Spice Girls ticket for a gig at Wembley Arena :)
She seemed really confused and upset when I said I wasn't going.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
An 'erotic' show in Amsterdam mid 90's .. let's just say it was more for the Ladies :eek:

#pythonpenis

Alternatively, the Moulin Rouge in Paris may have been the best front row seat ever .. coincidentally also had a python theme at one point :drool:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
S Club 7.

Friend of mine went "for a laugh". His seats were front row and he's 6ft. It was being filmed, so the cameras kept having to swerve to avoid him...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel quite happy to have missed the likes of the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, Sham 69, etc. at the height of the gobbing years. Yeugh!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Isn't he straight now?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I accept he was innovative, an artist and a performer of great esteem, I just can't stand his music.

But it’s so varied. To me that’s like someone saying they can’t stand The Beatles. I’d ask “which The Beatles?” They were about 5/6 in one.

But fair enough.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But it’s so varied. To me that’s like someone saying they can’t stand The Beatles. I’d ask “which The Beatles?” They were about 5/6 in one.

But fair enough.

I Dig Everything and that era stuff was promising, but the Mars/Ziggy/Heroes/Ashes/China Girl stuff is bunkum imho. As for the 90s onwards, less said the better. Just my view.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
An 'erotic' show in Amsterdam mid 90's .. let's just say it was more for the Ladies :eek:

#pythonpenis

Alternatively, the Moulin Rouge in Paris may have been the best front row seat ever .. coincidentally also had a python theme at one point :drool:

I took my Grandmother to Paris in 1985 - she was in her late 70s at the time. She asked if I would take her to the Moulin Rouge - “I’ve always wanted to see the Can Can live”, she said. After checking that she knew what she’d see, I duly took her.

They couldn’t have been nicer to her - free dinner before the show at literally the best table in the place, front row, dead centre. After the show, some of the girls came out to chat to her. They were extremely sweet to her, and she absolutely loved the show and the experience.

I think it was on this trip that she asked me to explain what oral sex was - “Well, I can’t ask your mother, and I know you’ll just tell me.”

God, I miss her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here