Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you can't beat 'em , join 'em

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace have announced that STH's for the 2013/2014 season can pay by continuous direct debit without being charged extra in interest or admin fees. Their 12 month rolling period is Jan - Dec so they get 7 payments in the bank before the season starts. Unfortunately it isn't an initiative they can claim is one they thought up all on their own :rolleyes: Looks like CPFC2010 are going all out and trying to breach the 10,000 STH's threshold.

Palace have announced that STH's for the 2013/2014 season can pay by continuous direct debit without being charged extra in interest or admin fees. Their 12 month rolling period is Jan - Dec so they get 7 payments in the bank before the season starts. Unfortunately it isn't an initiative they can claim is one they thought up all on their own :rolleyes: Looks like CPFC2010 are going all out and trying to breach the 10,000 STH's threshold.

I happen to know that Steve Browett asked BHA for their advice in setting this up.

Will generate many more season ticket holders IMO, how many have we got just on the stregnth of that?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
40 odd years of following Brighton i never had a season ticket until last season and the choice to pay via direct debit was the major factor not the new stadium , any club that does not offer the direct debit option is missing out big time if our sales are anything to go by.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I happen to know that Steve Browett asked BHA for their advice in setting this up.

Will generate many more season ticket holders IMO, how many have we got just on the stregnth of that?

If we had only the options of paying the cost upfront , quarterly or taking out a loan arranged by the club to be paid back monthly which many other league clubs do the number of STH's could be potentially half of what we currently have.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Won't be long before their fans say it was a bold new initiative on behalf of the Mighty Palace. They just about anything they can lay their hands on. The Eagle looks better than the Glaziers.....their Bacca shirts.....St Pauli song.....real nawty toe-rags they are.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I hate Palace, but I admire and applaud them for all their efforts to increase their support base -their much maligned Groupon offers, bring a mate for f all, free kid tickets etc

None of this stops Selhurst being a shithole located in the middle of a giant shithole though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
This is genius marketing.

It's the best decision our club's made, and it'll probably go the same way for Palace. If they're Premier League next season, then people will be able to afford it, and chances are loads of them will be hooked.

Another reason Palace will stay ahead of us for the foreseeable future - they're about to start catching up on our fanbase, and they don't have the bottle job team/manager that we have to put up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here