Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we were to keep this squad ?

With the same squad and manager for the whole of next season, what could we achieve ?

• We would win the Premier League

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Definite for a Champions League Place

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Europe

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Tuesday is a bit early to be hitting the bottle

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Someone on another thread suggested that IF we kept our current squad and manager, we could do a Leicester next season and win that there Premier League. Now obviously, this isn't going to happen so nobody should be embarrassed by anything they say on this thread coming back to haunt them :wink:

So, imagine we kept AliMac, Moises, Mitoma, Ferguson and the rest of the squad, together with RDZ and a couple of young kids coming in. What could we achieve ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool will reinforce heavily this summer, Manure will be owned by a petro state or Ratcliffe within weeks, the Telegraph are reporting that Howe will be bankrolled to sign Rice, Maddison, Toney and other PL stars this summer. Kroenke will continue to pump in £100m’s over true club income.

So, imho we’d battle it out for 4th to 7th.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Someone on another thread suggested that IF we kept our current squad and manager, we could do a Leicester next season and win that there Premier League. Now obviously, this isn't going to happen so nobody should be embarrassed by anything they say on this thread coming back to haunt them :wink:

So, imagine we kept AliMac, Moises, Mitoma, Ferguson and the rest of the squad, together with RDZ and a couple of young kids coming in. What could we achieve ?
Win the league?!?!? Have you seen the current City side?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s threads like these I hope no oppo fans see and remember - or nobody ever bounces when we’re 18th in November..

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I remember a few season into our PL tenure I said to myself how shit it is when you realise your team have peaked and will never get better.

What a knob head I am!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Liverpool will reinforce heavily this summer, Manure will be owned by a petro state or Ratcliffe within weeks, the Telegraph are reporting that Howe will be bankrolled to sign Rice, Maddison, Toney and other PL stars this summer. Kroenke will continue to pump in £100m’s over true club income.

So, imho we’d battle it out for 4th to 7th.
Ah, but we have all the best players! 😃

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But of course we're not going to keep all our young stars, so it's complete fantasy :shrug:
I can see one going - probably Max but it’s never a forgone conclusion. Remember everyone on here just decided Bissouma was ‘definitely off in the Summer’ for about 2 years. Way too many assume / guess and speak like it’s fact or a done deal…

But yes, we’ll keep most - I just don’t like prediction threads where we do well and mad things - always tempting fate for me!

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Why post it when you say "it isn't going to happen"................explain ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Could I check before answering, are these young kids Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im a "definitely in the Champions League" optimistic kind of guy. Yes, those other teams can buy players, but theyve not got RDZ to make them tick. There are only so many "premier league ready" players out there. And only so many managers capable of getting a group of egos working together. We will have a pre season, maybe strengthen and more time together.
What will be, will be. There isnt a side in the EPL that I now dont feel confident that we can get some kind of result against. (Ok, maybe City). It wont always work but, bloody hell, its great to watch, and this is with a bunch of players that were already at the club.

And I always have a chuckle when certain posters say things that they cannot possibly know is true (such and such is leaving this summer etc) and state it like its a fact!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Keep the squad together, add a few in keys position and RDZ pre season and we will battle for the top 4.
We are bloody good

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If you're including Colwill and a few signings then CL absolutely no question. Sadly it won't happen. This is a golden season, a golden age.
Let's say purely fantasy football. Saints and Leicester go down. We sign Barnes, Ward Prowse, Lavia, Kyle WP. We compete for the league. Probably have a decent chance of winning it. If only real football was Football Manager.
Sanchez/Steele
RB: Lamptey/ Velts/ KWP
CB:Webster/Dunk/Velts/Colwill
LB: Pervis/KWP/March
CM:Mac/Moises/Gross/Ward Prowse/ Lavia
AM:Lallana/March/ Mitoma/ Barnes/ WP/Sarmiento/ Enciso/Mac
FW:Ferguson/Welbeck/Enciso

Incredible squad. Plus the youngsters. That's how close we are.

Last edited:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Next Season ;)

1:Manchester City
2:Brighton
3:Liverpool
4:Arsenal
5:New Castle
6:Manchester United
7:Spurs
8:Chealsea