Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we went down ( WE WONT BUT PLAYING DA)

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I just don't see that as how most Championship teams play.

The anyone can beat anyone nature of thechampionship football means the low block is far less frequently used.

Personally, I think our current squad ( if kept together) would absolutely piss the championship.

How many goals do you think Connolly would get?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do the players on £60k to £50k a week automatically take pay cut in The Championship, per their contracts?

Most sensible non-top clubs got clauses in the contracts meaning the players gets lowered wages yes... and Brighton is a sensible club so I would assume that would be the case with most/all of the players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most sensible non-top clubs got clauses in the contracts meaning the players gets lowered wages yes... and Brighton is a sensible club so I would assume that would be the case with most/all of the players.

Then, would Trossard, Mac Allister, White accept that cut for a year, when EPL or other top league clubs come a calling?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Then, would Trossard, Mac Allister, White accept that cut for a year, when EPL or other top league clubs come a calling?

Probably different from person to person. Either way getting ride of those thinking "I'm too good for this" should in that very hypothetical case be priority number one.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Trossard and MacAllister. You reckon?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't have much confidence of Potter getting us out of the Championship TBH, you need a combative manager and other than picking a fight with some railings he isn't that. Bottler IMHO.

Potter in the top half of the Championship would suit me

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My theory is that a Belgian international would want to play in an elite league leading up to a WC.

I think Mac Allister is quality.

Trossard is a funny one. He gets minutes for the number one (?) country in the world yet his form has been inconsistent for us to say the least. I doubt there would be a long queue of prem clubs anxious to sign him. Maybe a top league in another country?

As for Mac - that’s an interesting viewpoint. I’ve noticed he divides opinion. I would say he HAS some quality rather than IS.
I’d be surprised if he left if we went down.

Webster, Dunk, White and Biss, and to a lesser extent Sanchez (might fancy staying to get first team experience) Ryan (bench warming) and Lamptey would be most likely to stay in the Prem imo.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How have our games against Championship teams in the cups gone since GP became our manager?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Do the players on £60k to £50k a week automatically take pay cut in The Championship, per their contracts?

Having completed a mortgage for a relatively well known Newcastle United Player in the early 2000’s I can confirm contracts back then were structured.
Said individual was on c£20k a week with a 6k goal bonus. The 5 year deal factored relation into the contract and the goal bonus was reduced to £400 if he ended up in league 2 with a basic of £3.5k per week

This was in the pre stress testing and “responsible lending” days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here