Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we sign Nobody ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We need to make signings, too many players playing out of position today, no proper left or right back back ups and the shape of the team goes out of the window. Also today we were crying out for a striker that can hold the ball up.

We've just let Karbownik go out on loan which seems strange to me as he could have covered one of the full back shortages. Brought in as 'left' back but informed on here he is more of a right back, I just don't understand with shortages in this area why he was let go for this season to Greece. Surely could have been good cover?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've just let Karbownik go out on loan which seems strange to me as he could have covered one of the full back shortages. Brought in as 'left' back but informed on here he is more of a right back, I just don't understand with shortages in this area why he was let go for this season to Greece. Surely could have been good cover?

Obviously Potter and Co. don't think he's up to it (or not yet anyway) - and TBH, in pre-season what little we saw of him did nothing to challenge that judgement. Hope he has a good season at Olympiakos. Is there really an option to buy? - OK, then I wish him well for the rest of his career.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
This.

Without March & Lamptey on the flanks, we look so very limp when we attack.

Cucu is a ****ing must now. We also need a proper right wing-back for the 90% of games when Lamptey is injured.

Looks like Livramento had another good game today. Such a shame S’ampton nicked him by accepting a shit deal we’d never agree too.

I don’t get how it’s a bad deal though? Sign for 5 million, sell back for 25 million? For us even if we only got him for 1 season, that’s a 20 million profit and we still have Lamptey?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Don’t go believing 6 points means we are safe from a relegation battle - we need to strengthen and have good fortune with injury free players here on in

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t get how it’s a bad deal though? Sign for 5 million, sell back for 25 million? For us even if we only got him for 1 season, that’s a 20 million profit and we still have Lamptey?

Yes, that's been argued before, but some people just won't have it. :facepalm:

Their logic seems to be if he plays for us for a couple of seasons and puts in stellar performances which move us up the table and propel him into the £50M class, then if we have to sell him back for £25M, they think we'd be losing £25M - yes, that's right, losing £25M we never had! Amazing!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can’t have more situations like today where we don’t have a recognised left back or wing back available and need to resort to playing people out of position. I know Potter likes the flexibility but it was so noticeable today that our usual overlapping wing back runs were missing. Let’s get this Cucurella deal done.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Can’t have more situations like today where we don’t have a recognised left back or wing back available and need to resort to playing people out of position. I know Potter likes the flexibility but it was so noticeable today that our usual overlapping wing back runs were missing. Let’s get this Cucurella deal done.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we sign Nobody ?

Truly madly deeply hard to care. TB has a seriously top-heavy structure of people sucking off his teat to do that stuff

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You cannot spout top 10 as a goal then do next to nothing to achieve it, Shirley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here