Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF we qualify for Europe...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So the sum hope for us is to never win a cup or finish higher than 8th? The competitions have changed since Wolves and Burnley had to start their seasons in July to qualify for the Europa League. Now the earliest games are late August for English sides. It didn't do West Ham any harm last season still finished 7th and got to the semi finals of the Europa League. Their struggles this season are not just down to extra games in Europe.

If only we had a clinical finisher we might not only be the 5th highest scorers this season.
You've not watched MacAllister and Welbeck squander chance after chance recently then?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You've not watched MacAllister and Welbeck squander chance after chance then?
Yes, but I can guarantee the fans of the 4 clubs who have scored more goals this season will be having the same conversations this season. The lack of a clinical striker is not harming us this season no matter how much spin you might want to put on it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It's come up a few times and it is an interesting point. Supposedly, Bloom has less than 50% of decisive rights, which is what it supposedly comes down to. The difference between that and the RB clubs is that all the people on the board of RB Salzburg left their roles and Salzburg essentially are RB in 'sponsorship only.'

The club has no concerns about it, but I think they will still need to make a case to UEFA.
I don’t think the club need to make any case . I think you will find it’s already been rubber stamped by UEFA assuming it might just happen. BHA don’t leave anything to chance .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Cost us a win against Palace, and the same against Leeds :shrug:
I would have loved to have gone for Ings in this squad for 12m.

He's 30 now but still knows where the goal is with service, and he'd have got loads here......... is wasted as a lone striker at Hoof Ham, could've been another Muzza type signing and give us a few years of swansong goals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here's a potential poop on the parade. A few seasons back, a certain sugary drinks franchise from Austria ran into problems with UEFA when both RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg qualified for the champions league. It's apparently against UEFA regs to have two teams in a European competition with the same owner. 'As I remember' Red Bull got creative with the ownership of Leipzig. They own it but don't own it. Kinda. A shifty paper exercise. That kind of caper isn't unknown with RB when it comes to German FA regs. (50+1 rule) Appears to have worked with UEFA too.

Which leads to the obvious question - Tony B and USG? Who as things stand are looking good to qualify for European competition again next season. If BHA also qualify then what?

I don't doubt for one moment Tony B with his reputation for forward planning, hasn't considered this issue should it occur. It'll be interesting how it gets solved if so. If Albion don't qualify then it's all moot and I've wasted several minutes typing all that.
.............all moot and I've wasted several minutes typing all that.

Yes.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Couple of obstacles still because if man c/Man U don’t win fa cup, West Ham win ECL, or Chelsea win UCL there won’t be 7 teams.

West Ham are 2.5/1 to win the ECL.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Assuming we keep the team together then I'd fully expect us to go deep in the tournament
Keeping the team together will be harder than actually qualifying for Europe.

We might have to return to the days when the then Chairman used to go AWOL or turn his phone off on deadline day 😂

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Same old, same old. We lack a clinical finisher. It really is the finishing piece of jigsaw, and has been since forever
Be interesting to learn who this ‘£30 million striker’ was they were very close to signing on deadline day, but allegedly didn’t because the injury to Ferguson wasn’t as bad as first thought?

Jimmy Grimble

Couple of obstacles still because if man c/Man U don’t win fa cup, West Ham win ECL, or Chelsea win UCL there won’t be 7 teams.

West Ham are 2.5/1 to win the ECL.
The West Ham one could be a real issue as I think our only realistic hope in the league is 7th (please note the word ‘hope’).

Are you 100% sure them winning it reduces it to 6 qualifying from the Prem?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Be interesting to learn who this ‘£30 million striker’ was they were very close to signing on deadline day, but allegedly didn’t because the injury to Ferguson wasn’t as bad as first thought?

It’s been widely reported it was Vitinha from Braga.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A few weeks ago i had a remarkably vivid dream we were playing in Slovenia,I can't say I even really know where it is geographically apart from where I think it is but the place was fantastic it even had these little robot road sweeper things that picked up lazy gits cigarette butts ( vivid), the match was a brilliant end to end 2-2 but sadly for my dream our first goal scorer was Bissouma which kinda spoiled the experience for authenticity,but I've no doubt whatsoever we'll be off to sunny Slovenia next season 🙂.

P.S the home team wore Green ?
So you do dream in colour.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
here you go all the Europa and Conference league dates (Champions league is the Wednesday or Tuesday the same week)
Thurs10.08.2023Qualifying Rounds
Thurs17.08.2023Qualifying Rounds
Thurs24.08.2023Play-off
Thurs31.08.2023Play-off
Thurs21.09.2023Group Stages
Thurs05.10.2023Group Stages
Thurs26.10.2023Group Stages
Thurs09.11.2023Group Stages
Thurs30.11.2023Group Stages
Thurs14.12.2023Group Stages
Thurs15.02.2024Play-off
Thurs22.02.2024Play-off
Thurs07.03.2024Last 16
Thurs14.03.2024Last 16
Thurs11.04.20241/4 Final
Thurs18.04.20241/4 Final
Thurs02.05.2024Semi Final
Thurs09.05.2024Semi Final
Wednesday22.05.2024Europa FinalAviva Stadium Dublin
Wednesday29.05.2024Conference FinalTBC
When do i go on holiday now? Or should i ask when is the draw so my holiday is via lastminute.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here