Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF we qualify for Europe...

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
It's a shame that the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Fulham win every week, never throwing away points.

I dont know how this happened apologise to bakero for my message going into your reply to mine. I was trying to change it. Stupid me apologies.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
@rebel51 I'd say the odds are in our favour and don't think that's rose-tinted glasses on my part. The bookies agree we're on course for top 7.

I think are more pessimistic fans are blinkered by the fact their focus is on us, which is understandable. I'm sure if you went on the forums of our competitors for a European place you'd find similar posta decrying missing opportunities.

Man I have taken 1 point from the last 6 available. Liverpool 3, same as Brentford.

We've taken 4. A stonking home win then a draw away from home.

Our form is top 6 over the last 6 games. Top 4 over the last 10. (See below).

Could it be that recency bias after drawing a game we could've one is affecting your perception?

IMG-20230314-WA0000.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-14-10-45-21-043_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
@rebel51 I'd say the odds are in our favour and don't think that's rose-tinted glasses on my part. The bookies agree we're on course for top 7.

I think are more pessimistic fans are blinkered by the fact their focus is on us, which is understandable. I'm sure if you went on the forums of our competitors for a European place you'd find similar posta decrying missing opportunities.

Man I have taken 1 point from the last 6 available. Liverpool 3, same as Brentford.

We've taken 4. A stinking home win then a draw away from home.

Could it be that recency bias after drawing a game we could've one is affecting your perception?

View attachment 158298View attachment 158299

We've taken 4. A stinking home win then a draw away from home.

View attachment 158298View attachment 158299
That's fair enough, I am pessimistic by nature, so my views are often used as an insurance policy if we fail which I seriously think we will.lol. no hard feelings.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry, but I'm having trouble keeping up, to clarify if the top 7 were to finish
Arsenal
City
Utd
Spurs
Newcastle
Us
Liverpool

But from outside those clubs, Chelsea won the CL (god help us) and the Hammers won the Conference, us and the Bin Dippers wouldn't qualify for Europe, even if we win the FA Cup, as no country can have more than 7 clubs in Europe?

Doesn't sound right really.

Jimmy Grimble

Sorry, but I'm having trouble keeping up, to clarify if the top 7 were to finish
Arsenal
City
Utd
Spurs
Newcastle
Us
Liverpool

But from outside those clubs, Chelsea won the CL (god help us) and the Hammers won the Conference, us and the Bin Dippers wouldn't qualify for Europe, even if we win the FA Cup, as no country can have more than 7 clubs in Europe?

I think winning the FA Cup would guarantee Europa League regardless.

The biggest hypothetical worry is if West Ham win the Conference League and we finish 7th. As from what I can work out, that would mean no European football. I’m not 100% though as the best info I can find is from this page https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

Jimmy Grimble

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Arsenal
City
Utd
Spurs
Newcastle
Us
Liverpool

There was the potential for 8 teams a few seasons ago when Wolves went deep in the Europa League, however that was before the creation of the UEFA Conference League so not sure how things might have changed now.

Jimmy Grimble

I know it’s getting carried away territory but I’d really like some definitive confirmation on what happens to European places if West Ham win the ECL. They have a very good chance unfortunately.

Anyone think they can work it out?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Be interesting to learn who this ‘£30 million striker’ was they were very close to signing on deadline day, but allegedly didn’t because the injury to Ferguson wasn’t as bad as first thought?
Not sure I believe that if we were going to break our transfer record we would have done so regardless, a lot of work would have gone into the potential deal before hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here