Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we had a freak season…

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’ve seen on some other threads discussions around Southampton’s players being poached since being relegated. JWP, Walkers-Peters (potentially), Lavia.

Leicester losing Maddison, Tielemans, Castagne, Soyuncu, potentially others.

Leeds will likely lose Adams and Gnonto, although no real surprise they went down as the rest of their team are Championship standard.

Leeds and Southampton were candidates for relegation for sure, however this time last year nobody would of predicted Leicester to go down. I think it’s fair to call it a freak season from them based on recent history.

It got me thinking, if we had a freak season where everything went wrong, who from our squad would be poached by top league clubs across Europe and in the Premier League?

I personally don’t think we’d have many players left.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if we had a poor season and went down, all our players would be considered poor and find no buyers.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
if we had a poor season and went down, all our players would be considered poor and find no buyers.
I disagree, as they’ve already shown they are brilliant players in previous seasons and would be available at better prices thus making the ‘risk’ smaller

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our ramping up of booing at games means we’d be booing all of them by the last game of the season and would be demanding they all fecked off and throwing their lobbed shirts into the crowd back at them.

We are all now entitled top sixers aren’t we? :wink:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Our ramping up of booing at games means we’d be booing all of them by the last game of the season and would be demanding they all fecked off and throwing their lobbed shirts into the crowd back at them.

We are all now entitled top sixers aren’t we? :wink:
Lol. That reminded me of Jamie O’Hara at the Amex when Wolves got relegated to league 1. One of my favourite Amex memories

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
this time last year nobody would of predicted Leicester to go down. I think it’s fair to call it a freak season from them based on recent history.

They sold Schmeichel at the last minute, as they could no longer afford his wages. Killed their defence/morale.

And they hadn't invested in new players for quite a while.

Not that much of a freak season, really.

Lesson there is to not over-pay players and get into a financial mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here