Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If we go down...

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
My son is telling me this season is fine...because he says the Championship was more fun :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How would Allardyce or Pardew solve the lack of pace, strikers and a dodgy right-side?

Montoya did well today.

Bet we wouldn’t be wide open at the back with someone else (not that I’m supportive of that suggestion), but that is the issue with wing-backs, it normally results in CB’s being dragged out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Montoya did well today.

Bet we wouldn’t be wide open at the back with someone else (not that I’m supportive of that suggestion), but that is the issue with wing-backs, it normally results in CB’s being dragged out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cantor and Aspinall thought Gross and Montoya was a glaring weak-spot, exposed by Chelsea throughout.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cantor and Aspinall thought Gross and Montoya was a glaring weak-spot, exposed by Chelsea throughout.

They're welcome to their opinion, but most of the people around us felt Montoya did well, particularly against WIllian. Gross on the other hand......

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Wasnt our weakest spot. Pretty poor analysis, as Teddy says Montoya played well. He wasnt backed up as well as Alzate on the left who had Burn helping him. Our weakest point was Bissouma who was struggling in his first match back, once Alzate replaced him it was much better. However that weakened our strongest wing in the process. I am not a massive fan of Gross but he does have the stats to back him up with chances created.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How would Allardyce or Pardew solve the lack of pace, strikers and a dodgy right-side?

Pardew taking over???
It’s not ok to think that kind of thing, let alone write it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's the problem with VAR? It seems to be giving us as many debatable situations as we had last season. The only difference is that now we are debating things that are just not worth debating - because they are facts.

But hey, we live in an age that simply hates the truth, so it's no surprise that there are many people that hate VAR.

Reminds me of all the gammony grizzling when the drink driving laws were introduced, and then again the RIDICULOUS seatbelt laws, and don't start me on the speed cams, and the effing child seats.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wrong::shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pardew taking over???
It’s not ok to think that kind of thing, let alone write it

Exactly. Like considering whether your sister in law could do the job. :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...we live in an age that simply hates the truth, so it's no surprise that there are many people that hate VAR.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

Attachments

• screen-shot-2014-12-15-at-2.46.25-pm-620x412.png
    screen-shot-2014-12-15-at-2.46.25-pm-620x412.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 100

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

I blame the board - and a lack of investment in the team over the summer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Potter is sacked within the next month then we have a chance of staying up. If he stays we are good as down. Probably finish bottom.

There is a fine line between trying to be controversial or a ****, sadly you fall in the 2nd category

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If we go down.............then I'll carry on supporting the team as I always have done. I've seen far worse than this (the 2 seasons at Gillingham spring to mind). It won't be the end of the world if we do and I'm sure we would learn from mistakes made this season (especially in terms of recruitment) so we would be better equipped to launch a bid to get back up.

I predicted a 16th finish this season and I'm still optimistic we can achieve this. Hopefully when Trossard is back and we sign a striker or two in January I'm confident we'll be ok.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here