Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we get to Wembley will it be the biggest game in Albion's history?

IF we get to Wembley wil it be the biggest game in Albion's history?

• Total voters

Would Hereford have happened if we'd beaten Notts County in 1991?

I like "what ifs?". I believe that if we had gone up to be founder member of the Premier Division it would have been with a negative goal difference and I suspect that, like Notts County, we would have come straight back down again. I don't know if the Premiership was the money pit that it is now and if there were such a thing as "parachute payments" at that time. Probably would have enabled us to struggle on a bit longer in an increasingly ramshackle Goldstone but I don't think the eventual outcome would have been a great deal different.

To summarise, not a clue.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Would Hereford have happened if we'd beaten Notts County in 1991?

I like "what ifs?". I believe that if we had gone up to be founder member of the Premier Division it would have been with a negative goal difference and I suspect that, like Notts County, we would have come straight back down again. I don't know if the Premiership was the money pit that it is now and if there were such a thing as "parachute payments" at that time. Probably would have enabled us to struggle on a bit longer in an increasingly ramshackle Goldstone but I don't think the eventual outcome would have been a great deal different.

To summarise, not a clue.

How have Notts County done since then? It's certainly possible that Hereford would still have happened had we gone up in '91.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here