Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we fail to get 3 points against charlton tomorrow

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If we don't attack them from the 1st minute we won't win

We should attack earlier, I believe. Time is of the essence. We may rue sitting back for the first 59 seconds later on in the game. Your being too defensive.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I do love a positive thread! We've just spanked the champions elect so of course we're not going to lose to lowly Charlton.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hello All

So if we fail to get 3 points against Charlton tomorrow, despite what other teams around us do tomorrow, and even though it may still be mathematically possible to get in the plays offs, is it that our hopes of the getting in the plays over ????

No.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of the teams that have beaten and drawn with us, only Forest have taken it to us and outplayed us. QPR were extremely good as well, but contrived to shoot wide, their attempts were blocked by our well organised defence and, when not, Top Kat stepped in.
I know it's something that lots of teams would like to do, but Liverpool have really come out at the start of games with intense drive and energy, leading to them defeating their opponents in the first quarter of the game: would be nice if we could add this to our repertoire.

Fair comment, I wasn't at the Forest match but I listened on Seagull Player and from that it sounded like they were bigger, stronger and more skilful than us. Amazing how their season has imploded.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We should attack earlier, I believe. Time is of the essence. We may rue sitting back for the first 59 seconds later on in the game. Your being too defensive.

If we attack early, go 2 or 3 up, we can all leave by half time

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
As someone just said, Charlton simply don't have the players to "really go for it". All things considered we'll likely park the bus and hope to nick one late on. Based on recent performances, it'll either end 3-0 or 0-1, with the former being far more likely (75%-25% I reckon).

On a separate note, I'm supposed to be meeting some mates in Lewes before the game - are they OK with people using their match ticket free travel to get off/change there, or will I need to buy a separate train ticket? Cheers.

You can use it for as many different journeys as you wish. Some decent pubs in Lewes, enjoy.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If we attack early, go 2 or 3 up, we can all leave by half time

then we would then have a problem with the late comers, early leavers and 3 points job done lot all meeting at the station in a very long queue. Maybe we could use clackers in the second half to encourage people to hang around?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thats true, I might stay to the end, just to boo them off, cos I pay my money,and it is my basic human right.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You can use it for as many different journeys as you wish. Some decent pubs in Lewes, enjoy.

Cool. Cheers. I know Lewes well (I've lived in Brighton since '93 and one of my best mates has a pub in Lewes). Just wasn't sure re the travel element of the match tickets - the rules seem to change in some way every season! Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here