Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't sign anybody else ......,

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Alot of overly optomistic people. Its going to be a very tough season as the 3 that came down are strong.

Looking at top half at the moment.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Reasonably optimistic of a top six finish. We haven't lost many first team regulars from last season (Greer/Zamora/Wilson with possibly Calderon/Crofts are the only ones to have gone). We've also got Knockaert, Skalak and Sidwell for the whole season and Murray is a good replacement for Zamora.

If we didn't sign anyone else now, we might be a bit short of strikers but we'd still definitely mount a top six challenge. If you look at our form since Knockaert and Skalak signed, it was brilliant and I'm really optimistic even if the relegated sides continue to spend.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Alot of overly optomistic people. Its going to be a very tough season as the 3 that came down are strong.

Looking at top half at the moment.

It's funny, I would say the exact opposite. There are a lot of people who are overly negative. The relegated sides are strong but they are replacing the three promoted sides (so the best teams in the league other than us last year). I understand that Newcastle might be seen as stronger than any team last year but I'm not sure you can say that about Norwich or Villa. Considering how we did in the second half of last season, I don't see any reason to be anything other than positive.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I wouldn't want to look further than the play offs. Yes being promoted and having money doesn't guarantee you but other clubs have been spending wisely and have been there or there about's. One thing for certain, this will be one of the tightest leagues ever. Clubs coming up have good pedigree and could have a run, clubs who missed out last year will strengthen. I would think top 6 but I fear we may be too light in a few areas to sustain it this year.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Already I look at our squad and see very few gaps, other than another striker which the club will address. We have probably the best midfield bar Newcastle, and in Knockaert, one of the leagues stand out players. Top 4 for me.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IF........We can unearth......A goal scorer,one that scores more than they do.....then there is no stopping us !!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Reasonably optimistic of a top six finish. We haven't lost many first team regulars from last season (Greer/Zamora/Wilson with possibly Calderon/Crofts are the only ones to have gone). We've also got Knockaert, Skalak and Sidwell for the whole season and Murray is a good replacement for Zamora.

If we didn't sign anyone else now, we might be a bit short of strikers but we'd still definitely mount a top six challenge. If you look at our form since Knockaert and Skalak signed, it was brilliant and I'm really optimistic even if the relegated sides continue to spend.

AND DON'T FORGET SOLLY MARCH! A fit March for the whole season if he can regain his pre-injury form will be a major boost to our attacking options.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Top half but just as i think we will sign more players I have a feeling that we may sell a couple too :down:

It is entirely feasible that the squad we have now is stronger than the one we start the season with imo.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Top half but just as i think we will sign more players I have a feeling that we may sell a couple too :down:

It is entirely feasible that the squad we have now is stronger than the one we start the season with imo.

See I am actually starting to feel that we are not going to lose anyone now....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't the know the quality of all the other teams next season so it'll be a COMPLETELY uneducated guess. We went from bottom to top over 2 seasons, every other team has the potential to do so (see Leicester City and Chelsea for 2 squads which remained relatively unchanged over the summer, yet faired completely differently)

So, on the basis I need to just pick a random number, I'll go 17.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Top half atm.
Depends on the quality of the missing striker as to where I expect the full squad to finish.
Hoping to be able to predict Top 2

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
AND DON'T FORGET SOLLY MARCH! A fit March for the whole season if he can regain his pre-injury form will be a major boost to our attacking options.

Fair point. If we can get March to consistently hit the form he did just before his injury, then we'll have an amazing set of wingers. Imagine Knockaert and March starting with some combination of Murphy/LuaLua/Skalak to come off the bench

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think what will be important is the contract negotiation's with Stephens and Kayal. (I have not seen any news/gossip on how these are going). If we can get them both signed up that would be a massive plus. If they don't sign new deals we will probably have to sell at Christmas especially if we are not in the top 6.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Predicting the outcome of a match, never mind 46 of them is a foolish waste of time; there are too many factors to consider. As the old saying goes 'wait until Christmas and then see where we are'....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here