Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we could get into Europe this season

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Would it put the brakes on us selling our gems every close season?

It's getting annoying, how can we stop it, maybe we can't?

Get into Europe
GP goes to 'top' club
No worries about getting players poached again

win,win,win :wink:

(I'm really just saying let's enjoy it while it's this good :albion2:)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not sure why you're playing the grinning idiot there. Unless of course you're an ACTUAL idiot. Newly-revitalised recruitment dept (updated TB algorithm?) looking good in the short term. Tho every damn player that makes an EPL impact will be ripe for plucking by that mediocre chancer Ashworth. Same as any BHAFC academy wunderkind -who will doubtless have already been flagged up to that snide ****'s new employer

You're right, we should stop going for young, unproven players with lots of potential and likely to be in high demand should they do well here and start recruiting washed up has-beens who look uninterested and stroll through games whilst collecting their large wage packets, that way we won't have to worry about other clubs wanting them and being willing to match our extremely high valuations to secure their services

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thursday night in Hajduk Split

That is the sort of game I'd want should we ever do it.

What we'd get is Hearts with a 1000 away allocation and lose 1-0 on aggregate having had 75% of the ball, 65 shots and an xG of 7.9 over the two legs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure why you're playing the grinning idiot there. Unless of course you're an ACTUAL idiot. Newly-revitalised recruitment dept (updated TB algorithm?) looking good in the short term. Tho every damn player that makes an EPL impact will be ripe for plucking by that mediocre chancer Ashworth. Same as any BHAFC academy wunderkind -who will doubtless have already been flagged up to that snide ****'s new employer

No, you just can’t see out of your tunnel vision. We’ve always had a turnover of players, usually higher than now throughout our past. Many times because of shorter contracts, players we didn’t want, players moving on. Point is now we probably have more settled playing squad than in decades. You’re just seeing vultures and mercenaries, but really we’re keeping a core of a team embedded at the club, hence persuading Gross to stay. If all you look for are negatives it is generally all you’ll find.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we should sell all our decent players and keep replacing them with players none of us have ever heard of who become good and then we sell them for huge profit.

So long as we stumble along outside the bottom three. That is a great business model.

Most people on here seem to be happy just to be where we are!

Buy low sell high

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is the sort of game I'd want should we ever do it.

What we'd get is Hearts with a 1000 away allocation and lose 1-0 on aggregate having had 75% of the ball, 65 shots and an xG of 7.9 over the two legs.

It took you 7mins between :wrong: regarding talking about Europe - then talking about Europe! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got a STH mate that went to Europe....says it's shitehouse..

Nonsense. It’s perfect and everything works and runs on time, everyone is good looking and the sun always shines. Don’t you ever read my posts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It took you 7mins between :wrong: regarding talking about Europe - then talking about Europe! :lolol:

I considered putting them on the same post too........

The difference is I wrote "should we ever do it" whereas the OP put "this season".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We've literally just finished a season in the highest placing in the club's entire history (and started this one with a sparkling win at Old Trafford).

Seriously - anyone who is NOT 'happy just to be where we are' never will be, and should probably just find something else to do with their time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two games into the season:

"Europe?"

:lolol:
:wozza:
:wrong:

You are completely missing the point of why this thread was started (deliberately I think) :smile:

Swansman apart I am possibly GP's biggest fan but no I don't think we'll make Europe this season. The question was if we did would Albion still be selling their best players in the close season :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We've literally just finished a season in the highest placing in the club's entire history (and started this one with a sparkling win at Old Trafford).

Seriously - anyone who is NOT 'happy just to be where we are' never will be, and should probably just find something else to do with their time.

Which is my point.

So long as we stay in this division, and hopefully be in a position where we can stay in this division with ease, then where we finish is immaterial.

I know it is early doors, but for a team that expects to “push on” as we were led to believe from last year, to have sold arguably two of its best assets, one of our only goal scorers ( soon) and even having the conversation about Caiedo, with a hope( and it is a hope) that our new signees and existing players will fill the gaps left, is a leap of faith.

Which brings me back to the business( for that is what we are) model of buy low, sell high

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’d suggest not allowing yourself to get worked up by us selling good players, we’re not going to be able to retain them. Those days are gone.

larus

I’d suggest not allowing yourself to get worked up by us selling good players, we’re not going to be able to retain them. Those days are gone.

That's illogical. We're higher up in the food chain now so retaining players will be easier. It's only the exceptional ones which we will lose.

When we were in the championship, more clubs (like Norwich) were picking up our players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we should sell all our decent players and keep replacing them with players none of us have ever heard of who become good and then we sell them for huge profit.

So long as we stumble along outside the bottom three. That is a great business model.

Buy low sell high
Actually it is a pretty good business model...............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You are completely missing the point of why this thread was started (deliberately I think) :smile:

Swansman apart I am possibly GP's biggest fan but no I don't think we'll make Europe this season. The question was if we did would Albion still be selling their best players in the close season :rolleyes:

Then why put “this season”?

The answer, obviously, is yes. Unless we get taken over by a petro state that’s our business model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Europe :lolol: we had one of the worst home records last season and still haven’t addressed the lack of goal issue despite banking millions of pounds of player sales.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Europe :lolol: we had one of the worst home records last season and still haven’t addressed the lack of goal issue despite banking millions of pounds of player sales.

We were 5 points away from Europe last season. Or 2 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here