If we could defend

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
If we defended today like I know we can, L'pool might have been in trouble today.

Their first four goals we should have been able to deal with and the other two were game over anyway. We are better than that. Unlucky lads, learn from it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we did defend ok in the middle, for the most part Greer and Dunk had decent games for the level of opposition (a moment of over-confidence aside), but that exposed the full backs, especially Calderon.

If we defended today like I know we can, L'pool might have been in trouble today.

Their first four goals we should have been able to deal with and the other two were game over anyway. We are better than that. Unlucky lads, learn from it.

That would mean our forwards would have had to score at least two today ......most unlikely. We were second best all over the park & in some areas not even second best! The better team won fair & square. We are a long way from being a Premiership team & hopefully we will not be one next season!
As an Albion fan I would be petrified if somehow we went up. Tonked every week. No thank you.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Calderon needs to be played in midfield. Liverpool sussed his defensive frailties very early on.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It could be argued if one defender kicks the ball against another and it goes in the wrong goal, we have two many defenders on the pitch. Then if we have two defenders who kick the ball into hour own net without much encouragement, it might be best if we have no defenders at all.

El Abd should have got a ladder and pulled his pig-tails, knowing that he could retaliate in the same way. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports