Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Tony pulls the Trigger ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We all knew this would happen after the shit show of a transfer window. Even if we go down and come up again what’s the point if we dick about with budget players?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
....Maupay will probably get in the way.

Do you actually think that was going in? It wasn’t too far from the keeper and you’d hope they’d save it. In the corner, defo a goal, but not convinced that it was defo going in.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We all knew this would happen after the shit show of a transfer window. Even if we go down and come up again what’s the point if we dick about with budget players?

To be fair , we have spent a few quid. Just on the wrong players.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Instead of one player of real quality we’ve purchased squad players.

Yep, the overall standard of the squad is better than a few years ago but our starting eleven is not much , if at all , better.
But that’s not to say if wed spent 40 mill on a player it would have made the difference .
Because Our recruitment team isn’t very good at recruiting.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
An outsiders view admittedly but you’d be mad to get rid of Potter, you play some really entertaining football.

Having said that, there’s still a naivety to your play, hence us stealing 4 points from you this season.

If I was TB I’d definitely stick with Potter, given the chance I’d have him as a manager after Hodgson retires, I think he’s got the ability to be a brilliant manager. :(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why would Bloom keep someone who is taking the club so far backwards we could do a Stoke or Huddersfield ? If Bloom keeps him he deserves to lose as much money as we will

Because we’ll play a possession based style in the Championship, easy on the eye, and bring through some youngsters.

For that alone, we should be grateful.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
An outsiders view admittedly but you’d be mad to get rid of Potter, you play some really entertaining football.

Having said that, there’s still a naivety to your play, hence us stealing 4 points from you this season.

If I was TB I’d definitely stick with Potter, given the chance I’d have him as a manager after Hodgson retires, I think he’s got the ability to be a brilliant manager. :(

I just don’t understand why Potter gets so much praise for his losing style. Losing isn’t good. Repeatedly losing is really bad. If Potter is a good manager at this level, he’d be able to adapt his style to fit the players at his disposal. But he can’t. He has no plan b. I’m also far from convinced he could bring us back up. So many other variables he cannot control come into play if we get relegated. I think a lot of fans are kidding themselves to think that way. Potter has no record of getting sides promoted or keeping them from being relegated. Simply don’t understand why he gets cut so much slack. His record is woeful. His brand of football if anything is he knows how to pick a losing team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised this thread hasn't been put into 'other shite'.

It is as silly as a thread about 'why can't labour go proper left wing, eveyone would love it, and the country would be better for it'.

There are so many false assumptions in the idea of binning Potter that only a slave of Corbyn (or Boris) could think it a top plan. I am not even going to start explaining it.....<sigh>

That's enough NSC for tonight for me. I fear it has been infected with Corona virus. Or, at very least R White's lemonade.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let.s face it T/B got a kicking in the MSM over sacking C/H,yet others agreed with a quick 'kill'. So some would say 'You need to stay up,go for Big Sam' however why not go different and yes we make not get them but Gerrard even Poch at least it shows ambition !:dunce:

Things will never be that desperate that we have to resort to getting in one of the Serial English Loser Managers Club stalwarts for yet another unearned payday. Alan Pardew's Blue'n'White Army ayone? That'll be the day I chuck in my ST and go and watch Lewes instead :wave:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Zero chance of TB sacking Potter, so no point speculating

Giving him a 6 year deal is effectively telling him he's safe even if he takes us down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here