Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a post-match "lap of honour/appreciation" thing tonight - would you see it?

If there was a post-match "lap of honour/appreciation" thing tonight - would you see it?

• Yes, yes I will.

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • No, no I won't.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • It depends on the result (or something else)

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I really hope a few extra souls hang around tonight whatever the result. Despite the upheaval pre-season and the long injury list this group of players have brought us to the brink of the play-offs. A two thirds empty ground will be a mighty shame.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think laps of honour should be reserved for when the players have achieved success. .

If we finish 7th or higher, it will be the 8th best league finish in the club's 113 year history.

If that isn't worthy of ten minutes of anyone's time, to show appreciation, then they really are probably supporting the wrong club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we finish 7th or higher, it will be the 8th best league finish in the club's 113 year history.

If that isn't worthy of ten minutes of anyone's time, to show appreciation, then they really are probably supporting the wrong club.

For most people it's not 10 minutes though, which is why they leg it. If you're heading West of Brighton on the train, for example, any sort of delay can mean not getting home until midnight or later.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For most people it's not 10 minutes though, which is why they leg it. If you're heading West of Brighton on the train, for example, any sort of delay can mean not getting home until midnight or later.

Obviously, I'm all too aware of what transport delays, mean for non-local fans. But there's only one last game (unless there's another on the 8th May :jester:)

Anyway, that's not the point. I was responding to someone claiming that the players should not be clapped because of failing to achieve 'success'.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I will watch it, but can understand if people have to leave as it's a friday. This is another of the reasons why moving the last home game of the season to a friday is a disgrace.

Disgrace is a very strong word, but it is inconvenient for our loyal band of supporters (I am not knocking it mind, great chance to see my bveloved team down here in Lyme).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes because it's about a whole season, not one game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I remember the old days when reappaearance of the players was only when you got promoted. I preferred that.

Nothing worse than clapping players on a lap of honour when you don't know if they have achieved anything or not. Also thinks it looks incredibly naff.

I would personally only do such things for promotion teams and when it's actually the last game of the season and you know for sure where you're going to finish.

But to answer the question if they insist on doing it, I will remain behind to clap them because they deserve my thanks for the efforts they have put in this year. I suspect I will very much be in the minority.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Anyway, that's not the point. I was responding to someone claiming that the players should not be clapped because of failing to achieve 'success'.

That's not what I said. I was referring to 'laps of honour' that should be reserved for real 'success'. I hope that if a lap of honour is undertaken, the remaining few will applaud!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If they put in a decent performance and we still happen to lose I shall stay. If they put in a poor performance I shall leave so they can feel my disappointment.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If they put in a decent performance and we still happen to lose I shall stay. If they put in a poor performance I shall leave so they can feel my disappointment.

Surely the lap of honour should be a chance for the players to feel our appreciation in the past 45 league games not just what happens tonight??

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
As usual I will be there until the last Albion player walks off the pitch. Whatever happens tonight it's been a decent season. Finishing in the top 10 is fine by me. I dread to think what will happen on here next time we find ourselves in a relegation battle!

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I would do ... but my name was drawn out of a hat to present Upson with a player of the season in the tunnel after the game so I have to leg it at the final whistle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here