Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Green

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • other

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The economy needs to do very well to produce huge income and corporation tax so we have funds to help public services, the needy and repay debts. I will vote for whoever I consider has the best chance of achieving this

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Shit, but I found Starmer childish and lacking in any gravitas in his role as a shadow PM. It seems that not being as bad as Johnson in that he’s not a liar or dishonest makes him electable. The bar is set very low in politics these days

The electorate get the politicians they deserve sadly. I'm no big fan of Starmer but can't see the value in criticising him when his opponent (Johnson) is completely deplorable as a human being and prime minister.

Truss, Braverman etc have got the jobs they craved and care about so I hold no hope for how that will fare for all of us!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, every time I hear people criticising Starmer for his “lack of personality” I think back to the snooker player “boring” Steve Davis. Apparently lacked personality (he didn’t) - but was a pretty darn good snooker player... Personality isn’t everything.

I agree. May, Brown, Truss, Biden also all lambasted for being purportedly uninspiring and uncharismatic speakers.

Who cares? Making a positive impact in the role far more important.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agree, every time I hear people criticising Starmer for his “lack of personality” I think back to the snooker player “boring” Steve Davis. Apparently lacked personality (he didn’t) - but was a pretty darn good snooker player... Personality isn’t everything.

the inoffensiveness of dull may work quite well in the next election, he wont put people off.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
The economy needs to do very well to produce huge income and corporation tax so we have funds to help public services, the needy and repay debts. I will vote for whoever I consider has the best chance of achieving this

Well yes, but also a proportionate level of income tax for those who can afford to pay more, and tax regime that doesn't allow people like the Sunaks to offshore their tax status whilst enjoying all the benfits of UK life, and corporations paying a fair level of tax instead of paying outrageous bonuses and dividends.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
It’s a bit pointless these polls as we are predominately quite a left of centre bunch who generally did not vote for Brexit and as such is not a reflection beyond NSC

Oh dear, I am a one of on here!!! Never mind.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
If there was one tomorrow you say….

Hmmmm, I’d give about as much thought about it as all of the parties give to me….

None, and no one.

Well congratulations...it's apathy like that which allows old Etonian buffoons (e.g. Cameron, Johnson and Rees-Mogg) to run the country badly for a while before they fall back on their trust funds and a bunch of well paid non-exec directorships...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

This is a red top infused opinion/answer that gets rolled out time after time

Steve Davis Is a great bloke, loves his music, all sorts, DJ's, a really good fun guy. . . He just happened to take his job seriously. . . . . We only saw what we were allowed to.

Same can be said for John Major . . . .

Starmers no political leader, a good man, intelligent and very nice I'm sure, but that aint getting him anywhere.

If labour want to win the next election they need Angela Rayner in charge, she'll shred Truss and cruise it . . . . . and leave barbed wire ginger pubes in her granola, just for fun*

*(I may have made that bit up)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is the problem with the electorate or the personality voids running?

Ooh . . .both, without doubt, but mostly voters . . . If there was a box that said 'you're all parasitic twats, f**k off and die' turn out would be high . . .and high . . . We'd all be there and they'd win!

More don't vote than win. That is so wrong.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Your mum

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well congratulations...it's apathy like that which allows old Etonian buffoons (e.g. Cameron, Johnson and Rees-Mogg) to run the country badly for a while before they fall back on their trust funds and a bunch of well paid non-exec directorships...

Last time I voted for change, labour took us to war in Iraq on the pretence of weapons of mass destruction….

Ever since then, I’ve lost interest in political parties of mass destruction be it at home or abroad.

It’s not apathy, it’s realism that they all don’t give a feck about you or me, don’t kid yourself labour are any better.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
This is easy, none of them.

None of them can be trusted to do what they promise they will do.

Bit like footballers, get paid great money and aren’t held accountable for poor performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here